Limit The amount of bandwidth (windows)

silentknight329

hey

I'm looking for an program that will limit the amount of bandwidth i use, like the ff throttle add-on but being able to have the effect for my entire computer.

i have no download limit per month but because there are other people on the network and i seem to be using all of our bandwidth..

thanks

~silent

*i'm a big fan of freeware btw lol

hey

I'm looking for an program that will limit the amount of bandwidth i use, like the ff throttle add-on but being able to have the effect for my entire computer.

i have no download limit per month but because there are other people on the network and i seem to be using all of our bandwidth..

thanks

~silent

*i'm a big fan of freeware btw lol

Get a router that will do this for you then you don't have to worry about it?

Try NetLimiter.

/gEEEk

As already posted, a program is not your answer.

If you install an application on your computer to monitor bandwidth use, then it will only monitor you.

Get a better router, build a smoothwall or monowall firewall or something like that. You need to monitor the usage at the source.

You would measure water consumption by fitting a meter to the main supply, not to the kitchen tap, right?

----

*** EDIT***

Yeah, I should learn to read better! The original question was not about measuring the amount of bandwidth used on the network, it was about throttling the use for a single user. The post below me is right to a large degree, CoS will handle most of it, but it's not always 100%.

have a look at NetLimiter http://www.netlimiter.com/

I've not used it, but it seems like it may be what you want.