cell phones

RogueHart

im just randomly curious(severe adhd causes a large amount of random curiosity in my life)

what cell phone models do you guys have?

i think i know darren has a blackberry of some kind but im not sure. he has mentioned that before but he has mentioned an iphone a few times. dunno which he actually has lol.

i got mine replaced today. had a (screwed up) vx8600 i believe was the model.

got it replaced with the new chocolate3. and i gotta say. ive used the other chocolate models and this is the best of them. though im partial to flip phones so im sure that has something to do with it lol. but its got good battery life. i txt constantly and ive been using the music player all day with headphones and yet the battery is only down 2 bars.

as an example of how much i txt last month i sent 4,578 txts to verizon and 247 outside of it. i recieved about 4,287 txts from in verizon and 373 outside. the phone is open constantly and i utilize the backlight. so the battery is getting a hell of a workout.

htc touch diamond and touch pro, i have just ordered the htc touch HD and it should be here in about a week. i love anything that htc makes, no other company even comes close. if you have the money i would highly recomend at least an htc touch pro. i perfer to buy my phones unlocked, that way i dont have to deal with carriers locking out certain features and crippling the phones.

I don't own a cell phone now and never have. Most my friends think I'm crazy.

I suppose if I were to get a cellphone, I'd get this one: http://us.direct.openmoko.com/products/neo-freerunner

Probably the most badass phone ever. What other phone do you have to ssh into to install your choice of operating system?

i don't think your crazy. just got my cell last october. although now its a major part of my life i was doing just fine without it before.

I don't own a cell phone now and never have. Most my friends think I'm crazy.

I suppose if I were to get a cellphone, I'd get this one: http://us.direct.openmoko.com/products/neo-freerunner

Probably the most badass phone ever. What other phone do you have to ssh into to install your choice of operating system?

are you serious? that phone is craptastic. id rather not have to install and OS on my phone. ill happily take a touch flo 3d phone with the latest windows mobile on it anyday. sooo many apps and so many features. i dont think that having to install your own os on a phone makes it badass in anyway. im looking for features, options, compatibility, useability etc etc. what i can do with my phone is much more important than what i have to do to my phone to get it function properly. thats one reason i love unlocked phones. all the options and features the manufacturer intended.

are you serious? that phone is craptastic. id rather not have to install and OS on my phone. ill happily take a touch flo 3d phone with the latest windows mobile on it anyday. sooo many apps and so many features. i dont think that having to install your own os on a phone makes it badass in anyway. im looking for features, options, compatibility, useability etc etc. what i can do with my phone is much more important than what i have to do to my phone to get it function properly. thats one reason i love unlocked phones. all the options and features the manufacturer intended.

For the first time ever I find myself agreeing with you ;). The freerunner is a POC, if anything at least get the T1. If you read the reviews you will see that there are soooo many flaws with the free runner, especially the screen and the beveled edge that surrounds it. I have always wanted a smart phone, IPhone, Palm, Windows, it doenst matter, however I do not do anything that would warrant such a device.

I've got the HTC Touch Diamond with a few mods on it, what are the best mods for the TD (Bar Touch pro) and is there a DOOM distrib for it?

i like the advanced config utliity for it. you need to install the latest .net CF though but the advanced config utility lets yo uunlock all sorts of extras and totally customize the screen, startup animations, touch sensitivity, speed, accelerometer response, etc.

i like the advanced config utliity for it. you need to install the latest .net CF though but the advanced config utility lets yo uunlock all sorts of extras and totally customize the screen, startup animations, touch sensitivity, speed, accelerometer response, etc.

Yeah, I've got that one and a Touch Flo optimiser that's quite good. And an app that turns it into a lightsaber :D.

I had the SPV M3100 before this one and found a really nice Linux Ubuntu style gui for it. Are there no full ROM flashes for the Touch Diamond? I'd quite like to get some Linux functionality on it.

Yeah, I've got that one and a Touch Flo optimiser that's quite good. And an app that turns it into a lightsaber :D .

I had the SPV M3100 before this one and found a really nice Linux Ubuntu style gui for it. Are there no full ROM flashes for the Touch Diamond? I'd quite like to get some Linux functionality on it.

theres qute a few rom flashes for it. the only one ive used is the one from the htc site that unlocks the 850mhz band, i was thinking about installing android on it to mess around with droid and see what its all about.

all of you complaining about your phones should try the phone i have (Treo755) and as soon as you do, you will literally get sick. the treo is by far the worst half-assed attempt to even name something a cell phone. the treo has NO feature that stands out as being even somewhat useful. I am sure that when the assembly line that makes treo's stops, the global economy will recover, the suicide rate will plummet, and somewhere an angel will get its wings!!! ok, enough being subtle, stay away from this phone. ;)

iPhone 3G 16gb Black with update 2.2 installed. It has about 40 apps on it :D ive got some 300mb left on it. i have hak5 episodes on it and some pure pwnage, skate vids, southpark, about 7gb of music.....

I havnt jailbroken it, i dont think i want to fuck up my phone :D

I FUCKING HATE Itunes. it sucks arse. i wish WinAmp could sync iPhone properly.....

Im on o2, 45£ a month, 18month contract, insurance, unlimited texts, 600minutes, unlimited 3G.....

:) best phone ive ever had, i wish apple would release some more functiality updates, and bug fixes....