UMPC Help, please.

Tek

*Mods, I apologize in advance if I'm posting this topic in the wrong section.

Hey guys! I need some help in selecting a UMPC. I'm deploying to Iraq in a few weeks and will be gone for 15mths. I'm looking for a UMPC to take over there to keep me occupied when I'm setting inside my tank with nothing to do. I would prefer that the UMPC have the style of an internet tablet rather than a min-laptop. Also, I don't want to spend more than $500.00. I have considered the Nokia N810 WiMax edition but I've read some reviews and it seems that alot of people are having problems with the GPS system and the webcam doesn't seem to work with Skype. The webcam is a huge part of the UMPC for me (I'll be wanting to do video chats with my wife ;)).

Also, an SD expansion slot would be nice. The Sony Vaio UX series is pretty nice but as I said before, I'm not looking to spend more than $500--$600 at the most. If anyone could suggest a few models for me a check out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tek

The N810 is a bit shitty unless your a programmer imo. GPS is a complete dog also. Its only good for running linux on something you can fit in your shirt pocket. Expansys (http://www.expansys.com/c.aspx?f=24) have some interesting stuff from MWg or Raon Digita but with that price range I think your firmly in netbook territory. The Dell mini 9 is small, portable and rugged (no moving parts at all), so i would think about that as it would be able to bounce around in the back of a Bradley without much harm coming to it. Then just get a bluetooth or usb GPS dongle. Has an SD slot and webcam as well.

I have a Nokia N810 and an EEEPC 901. Both are nice but might not be what you're looking for (again n810 is good for a linux savvy person and eeepc well... you dont want the netbook style). I'd suggest looking at Aigo for a few devices they have that might interest you. Check out jkkmobile's channel on youtube there's some great reviews and devices/mods that he tries out. Should give you an idea of whats out there.

Any questions on what I've got just send a message and I'll answer them for you.