HP Drive has irregular Sata connection

FlashGordon

I am trying to back up a laptop drive (2.5", sATA) and when I removed the drive, it does not have the normal plug configuration. It has a setup where it can by layed into the pin reading mechanism instead of being "plugged" in like normal laptop drives. Is there a hardware workaround for this? Or am I going to have to deal with HP?

I am trying to back up a laptop drive (2.5", sATA) and when I removed the drive, it does not have the normal plug configuration. It has a setup where it can by layed into the pin reading mechanism instead of being "plugged" in like normal laptop drives. Is there a hardware workaround for this? Or am I going to have to deal with HP?

Lawl... Its not to be "layed" onto anything... That is the way the plug is made, there is a special adapter.. what you are thinking about is ATA...

SATA

2.5%20SATA%20SSD.jpg

2008724142812395.jpg

ATA

SL737474.jpg

Hi, HP/Compaq have a bad habbit of using their own connectors for items like hard drives but usually they are removable to attach a bigger hard drive or install that hard drive into another computer.

Hp also had a security thing for a while to stop ppl from removing the drive and chucking it into another computer