Forgot my ssh password...

Ok, so I set up my Fon like a month ago. I only got to installing OpenWRT. Since then I have completely forgotten the password that I used for root. I have tried putting the Fon in Failsafe mode but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ok, so I'm starting to think that the Fon w/ OpenWRT can not be put into failsafe mode. I was wondering if reflashing the Fon would work. I'm thinking that reflashing will not work due to the fact that it does not clear the area where the ssh password is stored, or so I've read. So considering all this, this reset trick that I have seen mentioned many a times but I can not find out how to do it. The trick that flashses the Fon back to the original firmware that shipped on it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

*Edit* Just noticed that I happened to post these 12 hours apart exactly. Just a thought, lol. And yes, 12 hours straight of guessing passwords manually, sucks.

Thanks, Digininja, I've been pulling my hair out over this. I'll try reflashing once I figure out how to do it from my Mac. I used a Windows machine last time that I no longer have access to, but thanks agian!

Try with the redboot script, it is a perl script so you can probably get it running on the mac, then just follow the instructions on the openwrt wiki.