Change Ctrl Alt Del Function?

RandomClown

Just Kill Ctrl-Alt-Del and grab a C++ keyhook example and add in 'on crtlaltdel run program.exe'

I'll grab links.

EDIT:

Ok, i've some research, and i'll whip up a quick application in C#.

To kill Ctrl-Alt-Del, just set the following registry key:

Path:
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Key:
DisableTaskMgr
Value:

EDIT(2):

Ok, while the registry key will disable the task manager, it causes an annoying 'this has been disabled' popup.

Ok,

Sorry to double post, but this post is slightly large.

Down to business:

I wrote this quickly as a proof of concept application, it has a 7mb memory footprint so it needs a lot of optimization.

What it does:

Starts a program that sits in the SysTray.

By right clicking on it you can choose between using the Task Manager or Process Explorer (i just had my copy sitting in C:\)

Then, when the process taskmgr.exe is detected, it launches process explorer and kills taskmgr (if use process explorer is selected).

There is a few second lag between the Ctrl-Alt-Del key press and process explorer starting up, but as i said, this is only a proof of concept application.

Attached to this post is the complete source code (in all its messiness). A pre-compiled version can be found in "TaskDude\TaskDude\bin\Release"

TaskDude.rar

I'll add comments to it now quickly before i upload, just so you can see what is happening.

Oh, it's written in C#, Visual Studio 2005.

• 4 months later...
Ok,

Sorry to double post, but this post is slightly large.

Down to business:

I wrote this quickly as a proof of concept application, it has a 7mb memory footprint so it needs a lot of optimization.

What it does:

Starts a program that sits in the SysTray.

By right clicking on it you can choose between using the Task Manager or Process Explorer (i just had my copy sitting in C:\)

Then, when the process taskmgr.exe is detected, it launches process explorer and kills taskmgr (if use process explorer is selected).

There is a few second lag between the Ctrl-Alt-Del key press and process explorer starting up, but as i said, this is only a proof of concept application.

Attached to this post is the complete source code (in all its messiness). A pre-compiled version can be found in "TaskDude\TaskDude\bin\Release"

TaskDude.rar

I'll add comments to it now quickly before i upload, just so you can see what is happening.

Oh, it's written in C#, Visual Studio 2005.

Man!! As hard as this dude worked on this, I'm sorry it

doesn't work, atleast on a winxp pro machine...all I get is an error window, shown thusly:

taskdude.jpg

I'm sorry dude, atleast you tried, wish it woulda worked. Maybe next time...good luck