Help me plz with choosing a language to learn

DrCheeseit

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum but still, I just REALLY wanted to say this. My favorite language to use is BlitzMAX and here is why:

1. Completely Modular

2. Incorporates C++

3. Cross platform (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux)

4. Great debugging system

5. It's INCREDIBLY simple to learn and is INCREDIBLY powerful once you get deeper into the language

6. It's great for game programming, whether small scale or company games

7. The community is great if you have any questions or need help

The program also has a Module call MaxGUI which gives Windows, Mac OS, or Linux GUI capability to make applications like in Visual Basic or C++.

All the details can be found at the website (http://blitzbasic.com/Products/blitzmax.php)

Again, I'm just throwing this out there if anyone really is interested...

Bye!

its a great game programming language and its well worth the cash if you want quick easily programmed games. but its not really good for general applications. it works for them but the cost of using it is not worth it for someone looking for general programming. especially someone who doesnt want to program any games.

still if you wanna get your feet wet in programming its simple and quick. took me about a week to make a side scroller with it. the week was from first download to full length game.

There is a completely free BlitzMAX Community Edition, but using this version doesn't get you access to the community forum on BlitzBasic.com because you have to buy software to get the key to sign up.

BlitzMAX Community Edition Info

I must also disagree with you, RogueHart, this language is good at creating general applications. The fact that it is Object Oriented (Classes, Types, Methods and such) and that it incorporates C++ and other C languages makes it very flexible in the fact that it can do anything that a Microsoft Visual <Language> can do, but it takes just a little more time to learn how the commands interact with each other.

I ask you, have you actually tried BlitzMAX? I read your other post in another thread and you said you had used BlitzBasic. BlitzMAX is 307 (random large number) steps up from that old software and also isn't used just for video game programming.

There is a completely free BlitzMAX Community Edition, but using this version doesn't get you access to the community forum on BlitzBasic.com because you have to buy software to get the key to sign up.

BlitzMAX Community Edition Info

I must also disagree with you, RogueHart, this language is good at creating general applications. The fact that it is Object Oriented (Classes, Types, Methods and such) and that it incorporates C++ and other C languages makes it very flexible in the fact that it can do anything that a Microsoft Visual <Language> can do, but it takes just a little more time to learn how the commands interact with each other.

I ask you, have you actually tried BlitzMAX? I read your other post in another thread and you said you had used BlitzBasic. BlitzMAX is 307 (random large number) steps up from that old software and also isn't used just for video game programming.

yes i have used blitzmax. as well as blitz basic and blitz 3d. and all the blitz basic derivatives are designed for game programming

Blitz Research Ltd is a software development company dedicated to bringing you the ultimate in game creation tools and utilities.

now thats not to say it cant be used for other purposes. but it is better used for game creation

you dont need to get defensive lol.

I'm just saying, don't count BlitzMAX out of the loop. It is a very powerful programming language and those who want to get into a powerful language but don't want a lot of the technical complications that come with C++ or C# or somthing, then try BlitzMAX, if you like it, get the community edition, then if you want to join the forum at the website then buy the full version and get your product key.

Sorry if I seemed defensive.