BSoDomizer

Cray

blue-screens your enemies

In case you were wondering what industrious hacker [Joe Grand] was doing when he’s not building stuff for Prototype This!, designing Defcon badges, or testifying before congress, it’s this: The BSoDomizer is a VGA pass through device that displays an image of your choice on the victim’s screen. It can do this either periodically or via an IR trigger. The image of choice is a Windows style Blue Screen of Death. It’s powered by a watch battery. The project site has all the schematics you need plus ASCII goatse imagery; you’ve been warned. Embedded below is a demo of the device. We unfortunately didn’t get to see it when it was originally presented during Defcon 16.

http://www.bsodomizer.com/

I'll let someone else click on the links to something called bsodmizer.com, since I'm at work and you have 3 posts smile.gif

But it's sounds interesting, however impractical.

I saw his talk at defcon, awesome little tool, its not practical for any use other then playing a prank on a friend (does no damage to the target compy). The remote IR operates using the Sony "OFF" code, also used in the Defcon 16 badges ( also designed by Joe Grand).

---Planning on getting one if i can.

This is a legit tool and works, the site however is NSFW! (though it is just ascii)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My understanding of it, when i saw it at defcon is that you can edit the code on the device, and change what it displays. Any luck doing so mubix? Segment on the show perhaps?

My understanding of it, when i saw it at defcon is that you can edit the code on the device, and change what it displays. Any luck doing so mubix? Segment on the show perhaps?

I am not much of a hardware hacker. So I doubt it will become a segment. But I am making a video on basic functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

awesome video, im gonna have to pick one of these up myself