Is this card Realtek RTL8187 aircrack compatible?

USBHacker

Hello

Just wondering (the answer is probably yes) if the Realtek RTL8187 that came with my ASUS P5K-E WiFi Motherboard is compatible with Aircrack?

Is it?

I know for sure that the RTL8187L is, but I'm uncertain about the RTL8187.

Please reply telling me whether or not it is compatible.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Time it took to google - 2 mins.

Time spent reading - 1 min.

Knowing that your better at the internets then OP - Priceless

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers

RTL8187L:

Supported by airodump for Windows ---UNTESTED

Supported by airodump for Linux ---YES (driver patching required to view power levels)

Supported by aireplay for Linux ---YES (driver patching recommended for injection and required to view power levels)

Now... just need to find the windows version <_<

Some help here please!

Haven't been able to find it!

you need to be a little more specific about what you need. first aircrack is just one application contained in the aircrack-ng suite, aircrack itself dosnt use any wireless cards for anything, now if youre talking about airodump, aireplay, etc thats another story. also your motherboards wireless card IS the RTL8187L chipset, which as of right now wont work with airodump in windows, and if it wont work in airodump then youre not gonna crack anything. youre better off getting a cheap wireless card online, if you want good compatibilty in windows i would suggest some flavor of atheros chipset preferrably 5001-5008. read the compatibility chart that dingleberries posted and buy one of those compatible cards, you can probably get a good one for under 10 bucks.

you should also take some time and RTFM and actually learn how the aircrack-ng tools work and what each one does. and if youre interested in some other tools and apps for auditing your own wireless network in windows just drop me a pm or see me in irc, (it's in my sig) and i can help you out with some good stuff. in the future you might want to be specific about the OS that youre using too.

you need to be a little more specific about what you need. first aircrack is just one application contained in the aircrack-ng suite, aircrack itself dosnt use any wireless cards for anything, now if youre talking about airodump, aireplay, etc thats another story. also your motherboards wireless card IS the RTL8187L chipset, which as of right now wont work with airodump in windows, and if it wont work in airodump then youre not gonna crack anything. youre better off getting a cheap wireless card online, if you want good compatibilty in windows i would suggest some flavor of atheros chipset preferrably 5001-5008. read the compatibility chart that dingleberries posted and buy one of those compatible cards, you can probably get a good one for under 10 bucks.

you should also take some time and RTFM and actually learn how the aircrack-ng tools work and what each one does. and if youre interested in some other tools and apps for auditing your own wireless network in windows just drop me a pm or see me in irc, (it's in my sig) and i can help you out with some good stuff. in the future you might want to be specific about the OS that youre using too.

Okay thanks.

BTW: When I mentioned aircrack before, I was talking about the whole suite, not just the cracking program within the suite.