USB hacking potential

rock3ralex

Well here is an idea. If you really wanted to screw someone, you could load u3 thumbdrives with a hacksaw and switchblade and sell them to people on ebay.......i bet you can see what I trying to get at....if you don't the person who buys the drive and puts it into their computer would become infected....and every other computer they put it in!

note: I would do this myself...just wanting to see if anyone sees the dangerous potential of this.

Interesting that you'd be posting something about that with only 3 posts.

Seeing the potential that a security guru somehow get's your USB key and decides to stick it in a locked off machine with some scanning/testing utilities. He finds out what you've done. He alerts ebay, ebay alerts the authorities and you get busted.

Well usually people beat me to the punch so I don't post. I also forgot about the forums lol.

And good point about the security guru/ebay problem. the reason I brought the idea up is so that someone like you would recognize the dangerous potential this could lead to and outcome of it. I hope this warns readers out there that they should not attempt this in anyway!

Well usually people beat me to the punch so I don't post. I also forgot about the forums lol.

And good point about the security guru/ebay problem. the reason I brought the idea up is so that someone like you would recognize the dangerous potential this could lead to and outcome of it. I hope this warns readers out there that they should not attempt this in anyway!

What a dirty job is this? :lol: I think no one is so...fool? to do it, e-baying or selling them in a marketplace... But the idea is planning over my own fried mind! :blink:

As you do, I hope "this" warns readers out there of doing nonsenses as this...