PS2 key logger

stanni

Shhh. i kno it's a public forum but hey, easy way to get sys admin at college... read all the posts on hacking your college if it makes you fell better. Getting passwords at internet cafe's, main comp i'm talking about (never pay again)... all i have used one for

hardware logger? Seems more detectable to me than a software logger(Since there's actually a physical object that can be found and identified). PS2? at first I thought you were talking about a playstation 2, but I was trying to think how that would work when the PS2 doesn't have a keyboard lol.

But you actually mean a PS/2 port for keyboard/mouse. It wouldn't even work on me, my PC does not have PS/2 ports. My keyboard and mouse plug in through USB, So it won't work on every PC ;)

I think it was on eBay probably because most keyboards and mice today are now switching to USB and wireless. Older machines, say at schools, libraries, and even on the corporate lan tend to still have plenty with PS/2 for keyboard and mouse, but most home machines now use USB for both keyboards and mice. My current PC uses USB for Both. Although I do have PS/2 ports, they are not in use.

Maybe with a bit or reverse engineering you could make it into a usb keylogger, but usb only have 2 serial lines so there will have to be another microcontroler in there some where making the hardware much larger. Read up on keyboard specs and controller specs to see it there isnt a way to integrate it into a usb type keyboard and do a swap, then add some type of software to send the logs out. Still, more trouble then its worth to catch that pirate whore of a girlfriend.

Maybe with a bit or reverse engineering you could make it into a usb keylogger, but usb only have 2 serial lines so there will have to be another microcontroler in there some where making the hardware much larger. Read up on keyboard specs and controller specs to see it there isnt a way to integrate it into a usb type keyboard and do a swap, then add some type of software to send the logs out. Still, more trouble then its worth to catch that pirate whore of a girlfriend.

It doesn't do much good to have an offline keylogger, so it only makes sense that you want to see all their internet traffice and sniff it for information. It would be easier to set up their DNS to run through your own servers where you could handle all queries and feed it back to them. You could then just sit there and monitor all their traffic, packet sniffing emails and instant messages, websites they login to, etc. About the only way to get caught is if they find out their DNS settings have been manually routed.

very nice, i wish i had money to buy one :blink: guess i will just keep trying to build onto my C++ logger

why dont you just build one?Although youll need to program the PIC youll be using, and i doubt you have a PIC programmer lol o nvm

seriously a usb to ps/2 adapter is like 50 cents, hardware keyloggers have many benefits, for one they arent detected by any software AV/firewalls, second, most people dont look at the back of their computers to look for any hardware keyloggers, third its useful if youre not able to sniff/mitm, or any other network based spoof on your target. you basically just set it and forget it, then come pick it up later. however parsing through all the keystrokes to find useful data is sometimes tricky.

Not exactly,

Just search for highly repeated phrases.

Usually they're going to be passwords & user names.

that depends on how many times they log in, if someone only logs into their bank account once then you wont find it to be so highly repeated

it would be better if there was a word filter that will highlight text that doesn't spell anything (most user names and passwords are just random letters and numbers that don't really spell anything)

Not exactly,

Just search for highly repeated phrases.

Usually they're going to be passwords & user names.

well i would think that most people that login to certain sites frequently would be using some type of password manager either the built in browser manager or one from their AV software. most people probably have all their messenger passes saved and set to auto login also so youre not likely to get anything too good if its a computer that someone uses regularly. also you have to search out a user id and pass out of thousands of different keystrokes, and even if you do find one it would be difficult to know which site its for.

You don't need to lecture me,

I'm just saying It's very possible to gain access with key loggers,

Although having hardware access is difficult and if you're able to do it then there's also a high chance of being caught.

You don't need to lecture me,

I'm just saying It's very possible to gain access with key loggers,

Although having hardware access is difficult and if you're able to do it then there's also a high chance of being caught.

I'm not trying to lecture. just exchanging thoughts and ideas and maybe a different perspective.