Justin Ewing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 points if you recognise where I stole my bg from! ^^

screenshotdd4.png

This is Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex =]

Easy man, its pepper a character created by artgerm on deviantart man that dude is good, i did a recolour of that same pic, its not as good but ull find it in my gallery

after much effort i finally got flickrfs to work for me. now maybe i can automate the process of uploading my screenshots to flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31491456@N06/3006587019/

3006587019_ed6a9642c4_o.png

^current desktop. once i get a lil inspiration it will probably change

edit:

here is mine. inspiration obviously came from the above wallpaper

screenshotoc0.png

if you want the wallpaper you can get it from the dA page http://jkm199.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-Faerie-102839075

Well it's still early Nov so mine isn't complete yet, want to incorporate conky in some form..watch this space

Also havent decided about the dock background yet so have posted both current possibilities

Screenshot.png

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png

Great desktops so far! One of the better months

Well I finally installed Conky.

Played with it for about 15 minutes and came up with this so far, still a WIP

Screenshot5.png

jjhappypants > Thanks for the comment and the vote for the last dock, im rotating between the various types every few minutes :D I'll probably pick one once the rest of my desktop is done :)

The obvious answer that comes to mind is IM'ing, but im going to guess you mean theres something better I shoudl be using? =D

lol sorry its just me not liking the program, especially when it comes to irc. I just dont like that program, but thats just me. Im sure it works perfect for you :D

lol sorry its just me not liking the program, especially when it comes to irc. I just dont like that program, but thats just me. Im sure it works perfect for you :D

In all honesty it's mostly for IM services. And for multiple messaging services, there's nothing better than Pidgin. At least for Linux. Ofc there are alternatives like Adium for Mac OS and Trillian for Windows.

I really don't see IM clients as a primary tool for IRC. It's like when people use Firefox plugins to chat on IRC, I don't understand that either. I'm sure they have their place, but they're not really #1 when it comes to functionality.

Get a real, dedicated IRC client?! And use the IM client for, I don't know, IMing? :))