ISP tracking me

Codedninja-PHP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you got a work computer that is always on you could have a ssh server on there and connect to it using putty.

This way you will be using their connection to download stuff and securely sending it to yourself.

Ofcourse you would have to get permission from your work first, and I doubt they would accept it, unless you have control of their servers, but then if you get caught its a sack-able offence.

Or you could ask a friend/family if you could do it through their computer instead.

You guys need to understand that bit torrent can be tracked extremely easily on the ISPs end. Having played with the tools they use (Sandvine, Snort or Sourcefire) you cannot hide even with your encryption settings. One of the few ways to stay hidden is to use Usenet over an SSL. Don't get me started about how expensive it is but I would rather pay a monthly amount than go to pound you in the ass prison all because I want to watch a TV show in high def.

The SSL is not completely secure as well, I've seen some of the tools that decrypt that information however they cannot pursue you considering that is not exactly legal, yet.

Or use a hacked modem!

In my case they don't see any of my traffic!

Thanks to a aliased friend of mine not on here Matrix! *works at the big CCast! they dont see NOTHIN!

Let me guess, you cloned the MAC of another cable modem. Chances are they see you but wont do anything until they get the info to their lawyers.

nope

Wouldn't clone anything.

Its all about the configs!

You can't just be invisible on a network (unless you aren't actively 'participating' in the network). You either pretend to be some one else or the network knows you are there.

If you stole his username and password (for example) this isn't particularly good. If they where to examine the modem they would see the mac address does not match.

The little things i live by.

a.unfiltered traffic. all Cable providers have lanes of unfiltered traffic.

b.They can cut the bogus mac off but they cant track down the source unless they go to every house on the block and test it at my wall.

c.http://www.tcniso.net/

the firm ware allows you to do Misc things so the SNMP has different effect.

I am not a Guru of cable hacking but i am pretty sure they don't care. 36 months and counting.i may also confuse them because i also pay for Legit service in the house and have the modded firmware.

nope

Wouldn't clone anything.

Its all about the configs!

sorry to burst your bubble but unless you are using your own mac address in the hacked modem then you ARE cloning somebody elses mac in the same area as you but a different ubr gateway

unless your so called cable guru has set a bogus account up for you to use the mac address from??

i doubt that though because if he did why not just set it up at top speed instead of you having to force the config file from the tftp server

The little things i live by.

a.unfiltered traffic. all Cable providers have lanes of unfiltered traffic.

b.They can cut the bogus mac off but they cant track down the source unless they go to every house on the block and test it at my wall.

c.http://www.tcniso.net/

the firm ware allows you to do Misc things so the SNMP has different effect.

I am not a Guru of cable hacking but i am pretty sure they don't care. 36 months and counting.i may also confuse them because i also pay for Legit service in the house and have the modded firmware.

We had a guy like you on the plant. You can easily see which node you're coming from and then trace it down from there, no need to go door to door. If you're on the network we know you're there. Its not a matter of if we can see you.

It's like DHCP, if you connect to the LDAP server, get an IP address, register the MAC, then we clearly know who you are, you cant spoof existence. Depending on who your little buddy is you will get caught. If he is in the core IP group he could set your MAC up to be a test unit so it doesnt show up in the billing department. This would land him in a world of hurt if he gets caught doing so. I highly doubt that scenario however.

Good luck getting away with anything illegal.With Patriot Act of our good friend Bush we aren't going to be able to do shit anyway so don't try. Go spend the $20 for netflix movies and you can get them anywhere.Spend the $50 or so for rapidshare and you'll probably never get caught. Of course if Rapidshare is threatened to give up their downloaders IP's then youre fucked but I doubt that will ever happen because they are from a different country that doesn't suck

When setting encryption in uTorrent, be sure to use the drop down and select "forced" as well as leave legacy connections unchecked.

I've never been caught, even when I "acquired" Fallout 3 before the release day ;P (The download only took 2 hours as well :o ) and anyway, this is what I did and it seems to work pretty well.

That's why I use Rapidshare,

Don't be cheap.

dude you suck :P they can see what ypu are downloading un less it is encrypted so unless what you download has passwords on RS I mean ex: you download rar files if no pass protection theyy will knoww and dont forget they can read the file name :D

problem :: ısp monitors your traffic consider is like snort or sniffing if they see stuff like trackkers they mail you or do something like it

solution:: use a secure proxyyy I mean encrypted proxy your ısp wont be able to know what you are doıng :D

I like to use the ssh tunnel solution. The setup of putty for a socks5 proxy is easy.

The server is the "hard" part. I would go over to irc.hackthisbox.org and ask for a shell #hackthisbox

if you feel anxious about tunneling your traffic through that server there is a SICK deal at dreamhost...if you get a year off hosting and use the promo code "MAX2009" the year only comes out to 20 something dollars. And you can get shell access with that.

Hopes this helps.

theCreator3

incense

yougoo does it too

well my father has been downloading shit from way back in 2002 and we still dont have any warnings or notices

i made him use peer gaurdian and he uses encrytion its mostly movies and roms/emualtors as for spore...its obvius why you were caught ea is starting to work more on the security of thier games more and more i belive dead-space also has very high DRM software

Guys,

Don't forget that even if you are using a "Secure" connection such as TLS/SSL/SSH then the ISP will still see a LARGE amount of traffic coming from and going to your modem/router. This high level of traffic is normally the first trigger for your ISP to start snooping on what you are doing.

Furthermore, I would just like to say (again) even if you are using secure traffic protocols your ISP has the ability and the technology to intercept this traffic. Just think of them as the biggest 'Man-In-The-Middle' going ;)

In short unless you have one wooded leg, a black patch over one eye, a parrot, and a passion for the sea, your not a PIRATE. So DON'T DOWNLOAD COPYWRITED STUFF!!!!

Furthermore, I would just like to say (again) even if you are using secure traffic protocols your ISP has the ability and the technology to intercept this traffic. Just think of them as the biggest 'Man-In-The-Middle' going ;)

No they don't. Unless you ever touch of there 'install CDs'.

I don't know about the US and the rest of the world but in the UK they do have this ability. I KNOW, I have tested a number of the tools they use.

It's not strictly leagle even with the T&C's which we all have to sign-up too in order to get their internet service, but if you using their networks to link out to other sites and pass your connections through their infrastructure then, they do have this ability. This is simply because unless you can guarantee that at no-point during transmission, that any of your packets have been intercepted then you never really know who you are talking too/through.

After all you are going over THEIR network