Stupid ad companies

Razor512

Don't you hate those companies which send people over to every house in the city and stick those ads over the door knob of your house?

it is getting annoying because not only do they block the keyhole with those door knob ads, they also steal things

this is the 5th package this year that has been stolen by them

it is hard to tell which company does it as i get about 7 of these ads each day stuck to the door by the time I get home from school

but it seems that when these people come to the door, they will help them self to any packages left outside by usps

while I understand that the amazon and ebay did nothing wrong and since many sellers use USPS. USPS tends to leave packages that fit through the mail slot, by the front door of the house

the problem with this is that it makes the package very easy to steal

this morning I did a test since i didn't have class today, I took a old package, then put some garbage in it then sealed it up then left it outside by the front door. then checked on it ever 1-2 hours and at around 11AM i met 3 ads on the door (a pizza ad, a ad from some roofing company, and one of those generic ads that offers to buy your house)

and the box was gone

why doesn't the government do things to prevent this. make it illegal for anyone who is not of a large delivery company, or post office worker or anyone who doesn't have government permission to go into the yard with out the owners permission

these people are annoying. our screen door has the glass panel instead of the mesh all year round because these people broke the last 2 that we had by shoving the ads through the mesh (when they happens they will just dump lots of ads through the torn mesh (and again it is hard to see which company to blame because there will be many different ads from many different companies )

isn't there any way to keep them from coming into the yard while still allowing post office workers to still deliver mail?

it is nearly impossible to get all package deliveries to require a signature and when there left outside, they end up being stolen

now I have to check at my door constantly today and tomorrow because Newegg has become stupid by using DHL which leaves packages outside anyway but now when ever newegg uses DHL for items that offer free shipping, you also get this in the tracking info, which makes the tracking useless "TENDERED TO USPS"

which means instead of the dhl person knocking on the door to check if anyone is home before leaving the package on the step, you will have a usps worker who just secretly leaves the package outside

Don't you hate those companies which send people over to every house in the city and stick those ads over the door knob of your house?

it is getting annoying because not only do they block the keyhole with those door knob ads, they also steal things

this is the 5th package this year that has been stolen by them

it is hard to tell which company does it as i get about 7 of these ads each day stuck to the door by the time I get home from school

but it seems that when these people come to the door, they will help them self to any packages left outside by usps

while I understand that the amazon and ebay did nothing wrong and since many sellers use USPS. USPS tends to leave packages that fit through the mail slot, by the front door of the house

the problem with this is that it makes the package very easy to steal

this morning I did a test since i didn't have class today, I took a old package, then put some garbage in it then sealed it up then left it outside by the front door. then checked on it ever 1-2 hours and at around 11AM i met 3 ads on the door (a pizza ad, a ad from some roofing company, and one of those generic ads that offers to buy your house)

and the box was gone

why doesn't the government do things to prevent this. make it illegal for anyone who is not of a large delivery company, or post office worker or anyone who doesn't have government permission to go into the yard with out the owners permission

these people are annoying. our screen door has the glass panel instead of the mesh all year round because these people broke the last 2 that we had by shoving the ads through the mesh (when they happens they will just dump lots of ads through the torn mesh (and again it is hard to see which company to blame because there will be many different ads from many different companies )

isn't there any way to keep them from coming into the yard while still allowing post office workers to still deliver mail?

it is nearly impossible to get all package deliveries to require a signature and when there left outside, they end up being stolen

now I have to check at my door constantly today and tomorrow because Newegg has become stupid by using DHL which leaves packages outside anyway but now when ever newegg uses DHL for items that offer free shipping, you also get this in the tracking info, which makes the tracking useless "TENDERED TO USPS"

which means instead of the dhl person knocking on the door to check if anyone is home before leaving the package on the step, you will have a usps worker who just secretly leaves the package outside

Ok?

Well the reasons..

they're broke, face it who would want to deliver that crap? so they see a nice shiny box..

It's like the idea that if you label somthing FRAGILE it instantly gets dropped and kicked by royal mail, then crammed through your letter box.

Wow I can't believe people would do that..

You should place a pie in one loaded with a spring :P

I understand your frustration, although I don't live in the city so I don't have people like that stealing my packages!

Are they actually reaching inside your house or grabbing the package off your porch or what?

What you should maybe do is like setup surveillance and leave more dummy packages. Catch the guy(s) who are doing it and maybe go and kick his ass(es) for stealing your packages!

I would be so pissed if there were people stealing packages I was getting... I mean what do you do in a situation like that? You just lose what ever you paid for? Since there's no signature it doesn't seem like you can claim you did not receive your package!

What you have to do is get these fucks scared of coming around your house. However you do that is up to you. Ideally you'd want it so they don't ever come around...

How about getting a guard dog maybe? Or maybe a sign that says, "No stealing my packages, violators will be shot!" ;)

no no, no dogs, just surveillance, and put something heavy inside, and print off a fake label like "Alienware M540" or "Dell XPS 410" or something and record only on motion and then inside the box a couple of bricks with "Wish you wouldnt have done that now eh?"

If you could catch one of them, or more, doing this then you would have a great law suite. Place a webcam facing the door and document your process. Put something in the box, like a letter, that can easily be identified by law enforcement and call them immediately after the package has been picked up. Even if they do not find the person who did it, they will ask the people responsible for putting the flyers up and they should be able to located them. You may be able to sue the companies as well, since they are acting in their faith. Be sure to have a "NO SOLICITATION" sign hanging at your door. Contact a laywer before you start though.

Im guessing from prior statements youve made that you live in Europe, possible England, so check your local laws. I know in some states a stoop is considered to be part of a house so they may be either robbing you or burglarizing, depending on what time the act takes place.

get yourself one of those crappy fake cameras or maybe a webcam. get a ladder climb up high enough over your door that the camera would be out of reach to anyone. then stick it there pointed at an angle towards the path that leads up to your house. then put a small sign with bold letters above your knob that says "if you place advertisements or attempt to steal my package you will be prosecuted. you are on camera above you" or something along those lines. if you use the webcam there is plenty of software that will work. if anyone takes your packages again then report it.

Simple answer: Stop having UPS leave shit by your front door instead of taking it back and attempting a re-delivery when you're in.

the problem happens when either USPS is used or DHL is used

many online shopping sites will use them and these companies tend to leave stuff by your front door

and the company with the worst rep of leaving stuff outside is USPS and to make things worse. DHL uses usps to complete the deliveries

the problem happens when either USPS is used or DHL is used

many online shopping sites will use them and these companies tend to leave stuff by your front door

and the company with the worst rep of leaving stuff outside is USPS and to make things worse. DHL uses usps to complete the deliveries

I get that. What I don't get is why they leave it outside your house. Maybe we're not so trusting and naive in the UK but I've never seen it done here (it would be stolen before the delivery guy had got back in his truck). Normally its just returned to the depot, occasionally its left with neighbors. If a courier firm did just leave a package on my doorstep I would go absolutely apeshit, claim it never arrived and demand that the company resent the item. They are insured, and unless they have my signature on the delivery chit it didn't arrive.

Here in the states, places like Home Shopping network and the like use UPS for deliveries. They come, knock on the door, and leave the package on your steps. They never ask for a signature, because most of the time people arent't home.

(My mother is infamous for using HSN and it's one of the things I always nag her about) My mom gets stuff on her doorstep all year round and does most of her christmas shopping this way, where the items get delivered and just left on her doorstep. Who knows if anything has ever been stolen, but I wouldn't doubt other people get stuff stolen all the time. Especially where I live now in my apartment. People have stolen my chairs right off my porch, so I wouldn't trust to have any packages delivered when I'm not home. Luckily for me I work nights, so I am usually here during the day.

You need to setup a camera to catch them in the act. Also, put up a sign no solicitation. "Soliciters will be shot on site!" or something to that effect.

Here in the states, places like Home Shopping network and the like use UPS for deliveries. They come, knock on the door, and leave the package on your steps. They never ask for a signature, because most of the time people arent't home.

(My mother is infamous for using HSN and it's one of the things I always nag her about) My mom gets stuff on her doorstep all year round and does most of her christmas shopping this way, where the items get delivered and just left on her doorstep. Who knows if anything has ever been stolen, but I wouldn't doubt other people get stuff stolen all the time. Especially where I live now in my apartment. People have stolen my chairs right off my porch, so I wouldn't trust to have any packages delivered when I'm not home. Luckily for me I work nights, so I am usually here during the day.

You need to setup a camera to catch them in the act. Also, put up a sign no solicitation. "Soliciters will be shot on site!" or something to that effect.

if you choose the right shipping and insurance they will take the package back unless they get your signature.

here in the states we are trusting when we shouldnt be and lazy as hell. not to mention cheap. the combination of those 3 = packages on doorsteps

luckily i live in a good neighborhood. packages never get stolen. ive had neighbors call on more than one occasion saying ups screwed up again and delivered to the wrong house.

thinking about it but not sure if it will work unless i get a good amount of evidence so it wont just be my word against their word

Not knowing how your jurisdiction works i cannot give you very much input, but if you inform them that you are having packages stolen from solicitors and have witnessed it on multiple occasions they may decide to pursue the issue. Since however you do live in new york, the police are probably busy with the mob and what not ;), but in my opinion they should investigate it.. But i would call monday and talk to the dispatcher.

I suggest setting up a webcam and recording it, using another test like you did that day you stayed home. Then, once you catch someone, bring that to the police.

Another idea: "No soliciters" sign? Dunno how that works for homes.