a hak.5 linux distro

silentknight329

lets see. a hak5 distro.

combine bt3, ubuntu studio, ubuntu server, gaming, and a few apps that arent in those.distro's. and find some way to make it live either on dvd or usb. but there also has to be an install version lol.

gnome, kde, ect, ect versions as well lol.

any open source apps in those should be customized for hak5 such as firefox and gimp. it should come preloaded with all the hak5 community backgrounds as well as a custom theme for all programs that can use one.

that would take a hell of a lot of work but i bet it would sweep the web and take over linux boxes around the world lmao.

the problem with such a distro would be decided what goes into it and ofcourse maintaning it the only thing i could see it would be useful for would be the usb hacksaw or hackblade maybe the warsow game hak5 wallpapers o/c

but then again we could just take a distro like slax and add all that into a module..now couldnt we?

i mean yes its a good idea ...but shit we dont have very much to create a distro..but we can add onto a existing a distro...!

*sigh*

Moonlit has a good point here.

The thing is, would you be bothered to do it?

More to the point, do you have any idea of the knowledge you would need to do this.

I think moonlit just summarizes what everyone is thinking.

There are plenty of distro's out there,

If you do feel passionate about embarking on this project, may i recommend:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

"combine bt3, ubuntu studio, ubuntu server, gaming, and a few apps that arent in those.distro's. and find some way to make it live either on dvd or usb. but there also has to be an install version lol."

Why in gods name would I want to combine a pen-testing tool with a server OS and then try and run games on it? Utter waste of time and effort, given that it would be just another debian mashup no one would use.

Not to be mean, but I'm in agreement with Moonlit and thegubble, there's really absolutely no point to this, there's so many Linux distros out there that you can easily find something that's probably already specifically tailored to your needs, like backtrack 3 perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just wanted to say that BT4 may be based on Ubuntu (See this thread)

Hopefully the color scheme will be kept in black. It's uber hackworthy!

this sucks, it would also take it 500 steps back, and would make it so barely customizable

btw, this post is from some random member, a rumor, which will never happen. lol

• 2 months later...

Hey n00b here. :D I know this is an older topic, but if you were to make say a hak5 distro. If anything it should be filled with network security tools, and ect, yet light weight enough to run on about any computer from say a flash drive. I have a good 10-15 linux livecd's downloaded each do a different purpose, but if all this was combined. It could be pretty epic.

Hey n00b here. :D I know this is an older topic, but if you were to make say a hak5 distro. If anything it should be filled with network security tools, and ect, yet light weight enough to run on about any computer from say a flash drive. I have a good 10-15 linux livecd's downloaded each do a different purpose, but if all this was combined. It could be pretty epic.

Ok Aaron you have the idea then start working on it... Actions speak louder then words.

their is a hak 5 distro it is called Back Track 4

Remote-Exploit will destroy you.

• 4 weeks later...
their is a hak 5 distro it is called Back Track 4

Do you like getting into holes you can't get out of! Backtrack 4 is a pen testing distro made by Offensive Security NOT hak5! Those who make it put ALOT of work into it so don't claim it as a 'hak5 distro'.