2 Questions

Verye

Okay, I know a fair amount about computers but I don't know very much about USB flash drives, or USB hacks, or hacks in general. And also, I have looked in the numerous payload threads and I couldn't quite find an answer to either of these questions.

I have 2 questions:

A. I have a SanDisk U3 Cruzer Titanium Plus 4 GB Flash Drive. I've heard a lot about the Cruzer Micro, but mine is a Titanium Plus, not a Micro. Would the Universal Customizer and all the payloads work on this? The Universal Customizer Wiki page says:

Also if you have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro or Memorex TravelDrive you should just download the files for them on the count of this application is still being tested.

I'm not quite sure what it means by saying "you should just download the files for them," but it's clearly some sort of warning for people using Cruzers. So, I just want to be certain that the Universal Customizer and the payloads on this site work for a Cruzer Titanium Plus.

B. I'm looking for a payload that would be able to find Windows login passwords. I don't see such a thing listed in their features, and I'm not quite sure if such a thing is possible. If a payload does have the feature of logging Windows login passwords, then please direct me to it.

Thanks.

A. Just go to sandisk's u3 page and see if you can use the universal customizer.

B. Haksaw can dump window login passwords

A. How? Isn't the universal customizer a USB hack? Why would SanDisk include info about it on their site?

B. Cool, but I can't seem to find any download links for Haksaw. All of the links in the Haksaw thread do not work. Do you have a working link to a Haksaw download?

Thanks for your help.

all links should work, i checked

Just try the universal customizer then

I searched through the thread and only found one link...one at usbhacks.com. Other users reported going to that site, downloading it, and saying it's a very old and broken version of HackSaw.

Could you please provide me with an up-to-date download link of HackSaw? I looked at the Wiki but everything appeared to be removed from it, I looked at every post on ever page of the thread...but I just cannot find a link for it.

I looked here: http://www.hak5.org/releases/2x03/hacksaw/ and tried to download the 0.2poc version, but when it finishes downloading it says "hak5_usb_hacksaw_ver0.2poc.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." I am using WinRAR.

I notice it says .rar.part, which I suppose is part of the problem. Why is it downloading it in a .part format?

If you have any idea how I could download HackSaw from that releases directory, then I'd be all finished.

Also, one more thing...since there's no Wiki for it I don't really know much of its features. My question is:

Can you use HackSaw on a computer that does not have internet access? For example, I know it has a feature that will email its logs to me, but obviously that won't work if the computer doesn't use the internet. Could I just stick it in a computer, take it out, go home, and then access the logs from the USB drive itself?

By the way, I use Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry, i didn't mean haksaw, i meant pocket-knife.

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6746

that's the link to thread. And by the way, you can't install it in window vista and it doesn't work on window vista

You're certain that pocket-knife can capture windows login passwords?

Also, when I download .rars from that thread...it's the same thing. It says .rar.part at the end, and says the source file cannot be read.

Why can't I download all these .rar files? I have WinRAR and everything...

What does .part mean?

Also, regarding the customizer...I'll try to install it on my super-slow XP PC I guess.

And my previous question...can I just look at log files with Pocketknife? As in, If I put it in a computer with no internet access, can I take the flash drive back and look at passwords logs and such in the drive itself? The emailing thing obviously won't work with no internet access. And also, could I see these logs on a Vista computer?

So, my 3 real questions:

A. What's with the .rar.part download errors?

B. Is it fine if I put it in a computer with no internet access? Are there logs I can access from the USB drive itself when I go home and look at it?

C. Can I go on an XP computer, install the Universal Customizer, put the Pocketknife payload on the USB drive, stick it in another computer, get some info from it, take it out, come home, put it in my Vista home computer, and then look at the logs on my Vista computer? Just because the Universal Customizer doesn't work on Vista, can I still see logs from the payload on Vista?

Thanks again for dealing with my persistent questions. :)

A. There shouldn't be any .part. just .rar

B. Yes it will, the logs will be put in the usb drive, but don't expect logs to be sent back to you cause that doesn't work yet.

C. Yes, you can see the logs on vista, that's what i'm doing. Btw, if you don't wanna use ur super slow xp comp, just use vmware on vista and install xp on it. Hope that helps!

A. There shouldn't be any .part. just .rar

B. Yes it will, the logs will be put in the usb drive, but don't expect logs to be sent back to you cause that doesn't work yet.

C. Yes, you can see the logs on vista, that's what i'm doing. Btw, if you don't wanna use ur super slow xp comp, just use vmware on vista and install xp on it. Hope that helps!

Everything you've said is very helpful, and you've solved every one of my problems/concerns, except for the .rar.part issue.

Any time I try to download Pocketknife, either from here or on a mirror, it always gives me the same error message that the source file could not be read. On mirrors where it's .zip, Firefox download manager shows me .zip.part. If it's supposed to be .rar, it's .rar.part.

I really don't understand why this is happening. Hopefully you can help with this final issue.

Thanks again.

Alright, I decided to just do this all on a separate flash drive and tried it on my XP laptop.

I was able to successfully download the Universal Customizer (or Universal Launchpad, or U3 Launchpad...apparently it has multiple names) and PocketKnife payload. I installed the Universal Customizer on my flash drive. However, I'm kind of stuck here.

The Universal Customizer Wiki doesn't seem to explain how to put PocketKnife on it.

I'm totally lost. I've looked through threads on this forum, the hak5 wiki, and another forum, and nothing seems to specifically say how you put the PocketKnife payload on a flash drive.

I don't need to be spoonfed; I just want some short instructions on how to move PocketKnife onto my USB flash drive so I can use it. I read the PocketKnife and Universal Customizer readmes, and I made a safety.txt file, and I looked through its menu batch file...but nothing seems to explain how I put the payload on my flash drive.

Does anyone have AIM, MSN, or Steam? If so, could they please talk to me over it?

Thanks.

Ok here is the simplest guide

1. Download Payload, in your case Pocket Knife

2. Download Universal Customizer or refer to this post for instructions in vista. LINK

3. Follow the instruction on where to put the iso, in relation your choosen the method above

4. Run Universal Customizer

5. Let It install the iso

6. Unplug your flash drive

7. Plug in your flash drive

8. Make sure the iso was copied to the CD partition of your drive

9. Copy what ever files need to be on the root of the drive.. to the root of the drive

10. Run the included bat file, from the usb drive

11. ????

12. Profit

Forget it, a Cruzer Titanium Plus is not like all the other U3-enabled cruzers ..

it has hardware AES-encryption and uses a slightly different LP-installer (and controller-chip)

than all the other sandisk u3's .

The really funny thing about it is that it uses ... "Universal Customizer" a'la Sandisk :)

Download the "Titanium Plus Only" LP-installer from Sandisk

(Note for resource-hacker fans : supports drives larger than 4GB)

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/u3updater1.0.7.8-plus.exe

Extract it with 7zip and there you have it : same DIR-structure as the "Universal Customizer"

go to : \bin and you find "LAUNCHPAD.ISO" Note the size : 10,643,456 bytes (10.1MB) !!

From there it's same procedure as always ..

NB : I think you will loose the ability to use encryption if you remove the original sandisk LP ..

As far as I recall you can delete all the CHM-helpfiles and other useless stuff inside the actual

LP-ISO an get sufficient space to include the hacksaw-files ..

Forget it, a Cruzer Titanium Plus is not like all the other U3-enabled cruzers ..

it has hardware AES-encryption and uses a slightly different LP-installer (and controller-chip)

than all the other sandisk u3's .

The really funny thing about it is that it uses ... "Universal Customizer" a'la Sandisk :)

Download the "Titanium Plus Only" LP-installer from Sandisk

(Note for resource-hacker fans : supports drives larger than 4GB)

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/u3updater1.0.7.8-plus.exe

Extract it with 7zip and there you have it : same DIR-structure as the "Universal Customizer"

go to : \bin and you find "LAUNCHPAD.ISO" Note the size : 10,643,456 bytes (10.1MB) !!

From there it's same procedure as always ..

NB : I think you will loose the ability to use encryption if you remove the original sandisk LP ..

As far as I recall you can delete all the CHM-helpfiles and other useless stuff inside the actual

LP-ISO an get sufficient space to include the hacksaw-files ..

S'okay, I went out and bought a 4GB Cruzer Micro for $15.