help friggin wind0ws problem - need help fast :,(

DLSS

ok this is the problem

i seem to've done something wrong with the folder settings , now when i double click to open a folder (any folder on any HD )

it doesn't open the folder just opens a search window (of the built in search function)

so when i wanna get in to the folder i have to type the path to go to it.

how in hells name do i fix this ?

(pls dont say reinstall or remove ....)

(hopeing on a short quick answer)

You best option is probably to have a poke around in "Folder Option" (Control Panel -> Folder Options - if you didn't know).

I had a look in there but couldn't find anything in there that looked related to what you have said. However there is a reset to defaults button for all the folder options so I would have thought that will solve the problem (because it will make them like you have just re-installed).

That is unless it is a third-party app that has cause this problem.

You best option is probably to have a poke around in "Folder Option" (Control Panel -> Folder Options - if you didn't know).

I had a look in there but couldn't find anything in there that looked related to what you have said. However there is a reset to defaults button for all the folder options so I would have thought that will solve the problem (because it will make them like you have just re-installed).

That is unless it is a third-party app that has cause this problem.

nope thats where i somewere i screwed it up tho ,

but allready tryed the reset button but didnt work.

and doubt its a 3rd party app couseing it :(

Try and reverse the process, if that fails, try disabling the search service and see if it gives your directroy view back. Any idea what caused this?
how do i disable it ?

*Raises his hand wanting atention*

This is a easy problem to cause. All you have to do for this to happen is open the "folder" object in the file assosiations manager thing and press "OK" and then this will happen. I will right up a short thing on how to fix this.

*copies from notepad with out having done a spell check of any kind*

The easist way to fix this is like so: Open the folder object in the file assosiations manager thing and create a new entrie, give it a unique name such as blablablabla. It dosn't matter what program you make it run, just make sure windows is happy excepting it. Then open the registary and search for blablablabla (or what ever you called it). You can check that you have found the right key be looking to see if there is another key called find in the parent key. If there is, you'v found it, now simply delete both blablablabla and find. Problem solved.

*copies from notepad with out having done a spell check of any kind*

The easist way to fix this is like so: Open the folder object in the file assosiations manager thing and create a new entrie, give it a unique name such as blablablabla. It dosn't matter what program you make it run, just make sure windows is happy excepting it. Then open the registary and search for blablablabla (or what ever you called it). You can check that you have found the right key be looking to see if there is another key called find in the parent key. If there is, you'v found it, now simply delete both blablablabla and find. Problem solved.

i think i kinda got halfway , this is were im currently @

wot-current.png

now wot do i do ? (i have tryed deleting all in the folder one but still the same so placed em back)

I think you got lost some where along the lines. Did you create a entrie with a unique name? Also, some times it is put in two locations in the registary, after you found it the first time did you search again?

I think you got lost some where along the lines. Did you create a entrie with a unique name? Also, some times it is put in two locations in the registary, after you found it the first time did you search again?

didnt search a second time and the one u c on the right is the one i created ...

*edit* did a re-search but it gives thez same result, can u give me a screenie of how it shud look ?

*realises he made a slight mistake but blames microsoft any way*

When i said "folder" in the solution i meant "file folder", only god would know why microsoft made two file asosiation entries for directorys, and why one was called file folder...

*realises he made a slight mistake but blames microsoft any way*

When i said "folder" in the solution i meant "file folder", only god would know why microsoft made two file asosiation entries for directorys, and why one was called file folder...

ok now it dont open the search thing anymore and does open the folder but ...

now it also opens the folder tree thing each time how do i stop it from doing tht ?