School Filter

mazmac24

we dont "use the actual PC" We still have the desktop.... we use remote desktop.... and the way they hvae XP Embedded set up is where you have 3 icons.. Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, and Mycomputer....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use remote desktop to login to ts-twcp and then we enter in our user ID and pass... and then it loads our remote desktop profile.. but they way you were saing earlier about active directory.. they put Desktops in this summer and we are going to do that instead of Remote Desktop..

I agree that sys admins at schools are a little abusing of their powers and my site(http://www.slashwebfilters.com and http://www.slash-web-filters.com) has a frequently updated list of proxies plus some found in the list provided on page 2 by imasoldier. But let me remind you of one thing that i just remembered as i was reading: its not the sys admins fault the state requires schools to block certain content and keep a log of pages visited(you cannot delete the real file that your cookies are saved in) for up to 5 years. So blame the stupid politicians.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Does anyone know ow to over ride the school filters?

well, this is a difficult point to discuss - since I'm working as a school admin for the moment, too.

As an admin, I should warn you, that you are about to do evil things - but things are often not that simple...

However - as a humanist I really do hate this kind of censorship. And I'd like to encourage you solve this problem non-technical. You probably live in a (more or less) free country and this issues propably affecting your whole school - do something! Therefore, as a humanist I really to think that censorship should be stopped an information ought to be free for all!

And last - as a computer geek - I've never seen filter system, that is unable to break.

For your situation I recommend using jap. ( http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html )

Features:

- Written in Java, useable on a many OS'es without installation - BSD license - Nice GUI.

- Can connect to the internet by proxy (if your school doesn't allow direct connections)

- The 600KB progam acts as a local proxy

- Your whole traffic is encrypted locally and sent to some proxy networks (called cascade), located around the world (in theory) / in Germany (since the system is in development) - Some cascades use 80/tcp.

- The ssl-backend assures you, that your communication is not intercepted in your school's network - if your workstation is not observed. (Teachers look at your screen or use vnc (etc.) to so)

- Allows P2P-Connecting - useful if your firewall blocks specific servers / proxies. It even implements some get-some-peer-adress-per-mail function.

Drawback: In past, the system had been watched by german authorities (at least one case is documented [sadly, the german law allows direct interception of traffic for crimes like terrorism, child abuse, etc - but it also gives you the right to communicate anonymously....] - however, if the system is used across the world this will no longer be possible).

Thus, if you need strong anonymity I recommend using JAP in conjuction with tor. Therefore you can be sure, that your communication is not intercepted or traced within the tor network and that German authorities are unable to backtrace your traffic.

Keep smiling

yanosz

well..

1. google (I have gooogled this before AT SCHOOL and found out how to do it.. the number one thing i can say is proxy avoidance)

2. If you have Websense at your school i really reccommend not trying it. I was banned from my school computers for the rest of the year for being caught looking at hacking sites... Websense has a special feature where every week or so it goes through all the visited websites and blocks all that were found to be illegal or that shouldnt be there. So I can go to one site today, but next week its blocked.

3. Get friendly with the school admins for your computers. I.E. IT Essentials teacher. You can ask him/her questions about it and stuff.. he/she most of the time will tell you sorta what you need to know. (Dont act like you know much about computers though)

at mine school here in orlando we used to use AOL since it connects tru a proxy and all the sites are unblocked the speeds are really fast
ROFL very good.

er yeh http tunneling or SSH normaly sort this out theres some standalone apps for this.

at mine school here in orlando we used to use AOL since it connects tru a proxy and all the sites are unblocked the speeds are really fast
ROFL very good.

er yeh http tunneling or SSH normaly sort this out theres some standalone apps for this.

hey it works

• 2 weeks later...

stingwray wrote

I would recommend setting your own proxy up at home. All you have to have is a webserver and php installed and you can run PHProxy which is great. As long as your school doesn't scan every page for black listed words you should be fine.

how do i make a proxy and wouldnt the school be abled to find out what computer the filters were taken of from??

how do i make a proxy and wouldnt the school be abled to find out what computer the filters were taken of from??

Well i've suggested a program, so you need to now go and look at it, read about it. I've also explained in that how it works with a simple webserver.

The second question I don't even understand what you are asking.

hi my friend has forgotton his hotmail password and does not know how to get back onto his password is there anyway to find out his pasword that u guyes know of because he has tried everything thanks :)

Since your to dumb to read your PM's, i guess I have to do this publically, which I hate doing, because I'm a nice guy really and as I said, I really hate throwing the mod status around.

But your pissing me off now...

http://hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1674

READ THIS NOW BEFORE YOU POST ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION I HAVE TO DELETE

You do not tack inane questions onto the end of legitimate threads. No one will help you hack hotmail or girls webcams. If you continue you will be banned.

VaKo -Hak5 Forum Moderation

It's still not set in stone in my mind that sprout1 is a geniune person and he is actualy wanting these questions answered rather then making fun of people who would ask these questions and trying to make us look like idiots.

It is definitely getting annoying. Just because it's called Hak.5 doesn't mean we are going to explain the world of hacking to every newb out there. Or help his "friend" to get into his "friends email" because his "friend lost his password" or hack their school network.

If your not smart enough to figure it out on your own your dumb enough to get caught if we help you.

Just because it's called Hak.5 doesn't mean we are going to explain the world of hacking to every newb out there.

I think youment to say "Just because it's called Hak.5 doesn't mean we are going to halp people abuse computer systems and brake the law." If you didn't then for shame :P, I have a problem with poeple who simly want to abuse computer systesm with out understanding them. If they understand them, they are not going to ask how to abuse it becasue they should be able to work out how to abuse it them selfs then.

I belive we have been though all this befor in a past thread...

My school used to use websence, then they moved onto SonicWALL Content filtering system. Websence was easy, just go to a proxy. SonicWALL.. little tougher, but still easy to go to sites.. then they upped the security on it... WoW talk about not being able to google jack! Then they switched to some other one... right before i got nailed for getting past it.. not fun! but yeah.. might i recommend getting something called "log me in" its free and you can download it from www.logmein.com

I setup a computer running an apache in my room, put CGI Proxy on it. saved it as a file called nph-webmail.cgi rather than nph-proxy.cgi, and ran it under SSL, and password protected it.

then I made some money on it and sold access to it to other students, but I didn't make as much money as I wanted because i never developed a better way of enforcing usage (such as bandwidth monitoring and charging by the kilobyte.

For a couple years my schools network admin never filtered proxy servers (he is a fucking moron) and everyone proxys, then one day I was in class, and some kids were on myspace through a filter, and the moron IT guy came in and said "how did you get on myspace?" this stoner kid says "ohhhhhh dude, i used a proxy server" and then by the end of the day almost all proxy servers were blocked and thats why I made my own.

and don't get me wrong, i didn't do it just so i could go to myspace, the damn websense filter catagorization was so vague that I couldn't even get my work done, so it needed to be done.

depending on how the filter is setup there is a way to do it by modifying the arp cache by setting the gateway's IP to it's true MAC address, because some filters use ARP Cache Poisoning for filtering.[/url]