home built computer wont boot

jake

because if he hooks a speaker up ( if the board supports it ) you can debug the postprocess beeps without a display

but by the sounds of it if the onboard leds aint lighting i would lean to it being a naffed mb

because if he hooks a speaker up ( if the board supports it ) you can debug the postprocess beeps without a display

but by the sounds of it if the onboard leds aint lighting i would lean to it being a naffed mb

Ill doubt he knows what the beeps mean, im not underminding him im just saying coz i know alot of people dont including some techies. Anyways like you said its probably the mb thats messed up i think he should go back to where he bought it and ask for another one or for them to check it atleast

Ill doubt he knows what the beeps mean, im not underminding him im just saying coz i know alot of people dont including some techies. Anyways like you said its probably the mb thats messed up i think he should go back to where he bought it and ask for another one or for them to check it atleast

well after confirming that the new components work in another system that would have been my first avenue of attack.

ok we just hooked up the cpu to another mother board and it is giving the same results as the first, i have also installed a post card and when in the first motherboard it reads FF (the guide that came with the post card said that means a faulty cpu or a that the mb may be short curcuting(sp) with the case) and on the second it reads E0 meaning the floppy controler is ok, at this point im starting to think the cpu is bad but if the cpu was bad wouldnt the p6n motherboard (the first one) power on to a post or bios without a cpu?

success, thank you for every ones help: conclusion = after additional testing and swaping parts with a second mother board we concluded that the power supply was out putting the correct power and that the cpu was running just fine, but some where the the original sli mb something was not working correctly and thus we are now sending the mb back to geeks to get a replacement. PS- just a side note, i love msi but this is th second new board i bought of theirs that i had to send back because of a mb defect i believe this is due to the reseller but i dont know, pm me if ne 1 else is having problems with msi sli (p5n, p6n or p7n) plat. boards

OKAY :blink: i think the guy mentioned about three times that the computer screen doesnt come on so how is he suppose to know if it posts???????????

BIOS beeps will indicate POST status.

You don't need a monitor or graphics out for that..

Your posts are really annoying sometimes.

--> @OP grats on getting it working.

I beleive the 8800GT has it's own power connection did you plug that in?

I had the same problem when I got a new PC, the idiots at PC world hadn't plugged the gpu power cable in lol.

I already suggested this. Hope the wasn't the case.