My ISP is 'cool'

wetelectric

Just received the following message from my helpful ISP:

Dear member

As you know, we pride ourselves on our customer service. In line with this we need to update the Access Control List in your modem to allow for our Member Service agents to assist you remotely should you have any issues.

Over the next few weeks we will be running a script from here that will login to your modem for a few seconds and make the changes, this will not affect your service in anyway. Please leave your modem switched on for as long as possible to enable us to do this.

Once again, this will not affect your service in anyway, and will only prove to enhance your experience with us should you need assistance in the future.

Kind regards

The Be Team

My, how nice of them.

Do you own the modem? Or rent it? because I'm currently in a pissing match with Comcast over a similar issue where they downgraded my firmware, and I own the damn modem, not rent it.

Do you own the modem? Or rent it? because I'm currently in a pissing match with Comcast over a similar issue where they downgraded my firmware, and I own the damn modem, not rent it.

meh, doesn't matter either way. It's not really something they should do.Turned off the their telnet access immediately though.

It's a good adsl2 wreless router, and it's free. They've got their money back though, because i've been with them so long.

Hey wait a minute..... my ISP is cool!

Dear Be member,

Have you seen our latest campaign in and around London, if not where have you been!

During the month of October you’re likely to see our Broadband Heaven, with Be Angels floating around mainline London train stations luring in new members. If you are passing through any of the stations below come and have a massage and drink on us.

Victoria - 13th and 14th October, 11am to 7pm

Liverpool Street - 20th and 27th October, 11am to 7pm

Canary Wharf - 21st and 28th October, 11am to 7pm