Hacking, How Far Is To Far?

Corrosion.

I am planning on making a hacking site but I need to know how far is to far. I need to keep it 100% legal.

I want to cover things like firmware hacking, hex editing, windows registry editing, etc. I will not btw be giving the site public access until it is content rich and has the right look, I do not intend on just throwing something together, I also have several people helping me, they specialize in different things. I know the psp's firmware a buddy of mine knows tons of registry hacks having once had his own registry hacking site. I will be using .htaccess to secure the site until it is ready, it must be online (protected) because some ppl live outside the state so they cannot work on it with me locally.

Any suggestions are welcome here, including criticism.

Thank you

I am planning on making a hacking site but I need to know how far is to far. I need to keep it 100% legal.

I want to cover things like firmware hacking, hex editing, windows registry editing, etc. I will not btw be giving the site public access until it is content rich and has the right look, I do not intend on just throwing something together, I also have several people helping me, they specialize in different things. I know the psp's firmware a buddy of mine knows tons of registry hacks having once had his own registry hacking site. I will be using .htaccess to secure the site until it is ready, it must be online (protected) because some ppl live outside the state so they cannot work on it with me locally.

Any suggestions are welcome here, including criticism.

Thank you

I would say you can go as far as you want as long as you plaster your posts with disclaimers, and you don't infringe on copyrights. I am no lawyer though, so if you are really worried about legal stuff you should see a professional.

You can also read about your rights on http://eff.org

thanks I'm checking out that site now.

I just want to make a hacking site without worrying about a lawsuit, its newer worth being sued

Oh for sure :P

thanks I'm checking out that site now.

I just want to make a hacking site without worrying about a lawsuit, its newer worth being sued

Oh, and to make things easier on you, here is their page on blogger's rights, which should also apply to your hacking site: http://w2.eff.org/bloggers/lg/

:) I just want to make sure what I do does not get me in trouble is all.

Here is the current list of what I intend to have on the site.

Cell phone hacking (No free minute type things)

Firmware hacking (dvdr, psp, etc)

DVD region code hacks

windows registry hacks (95-vista)

Console hacks (ps2, ps3, xbox, etc)

Hardware hacking

mods

memory hacking (trainer creation)

Thats the list so far.

If I was thinking black hat it would have to be underground lol... nah nothing that big

Then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Thanks guys sounds good.

btw

I wanted to put a bbs with a hacking door game.

WildCat5 has tons of them but I cant afford it, do you know of a free bbs that has a hacking door game?

some of the games i was talkin about are on this page.

http://www.filegate.net/sunrise/sunrise32/

edit

found another page with hacking games but what bbs is it?

http://archives.thebbs.org/ra93a.htm

:) I just want to make sure what I do does not get me in trouble is all.

Here is the current list of what I intend to have on the site.

Cell phone hacking (No free minute type things)

Firmware hacking (dvdr, psp, etc)

DVD region code hacks

windows registry hacks (95-vista)

Console hacks (ps2, ps3, xbox, etc)

Hardware hacking

mods

memory hacking (trainer creation)

Thats the list so far.

DVD region hacks, depending on how you go about it, can infringe copy right law. That is about it.

DVD region hacks, depending on how you go about it, can infringe copy right law. That is about it.

There is a site that shows you codes via remote that hack the player itself, not the dvds does that still count?

Thanks guys very helpful :)

btw any ideas on that bbs? (a few posts up)

If you were wondering I do have a name for the site I'm just not posting it until I get the domain.. (last time a bot got it)

I'm just caught up in my own stuff atm is all

ex: back when I started HSNetworks I was contributing and working as a support/verified engineer at 110mb hosting with thousands of posts, I was #5 top posting in about a month. But I've gotten busy and havn't even updated hsnetworks in a long time.....