DS+Camera+mp3+SD=?

RogueHart

you bring up another good point about the nintendo faggotry. why not integrate the ability to play dvds, or even cd's in the goddamn thing? i mean shit sony did it on their first gen PS, MS did it on the first gen xbox. wtf is nintendos problem. also what i hate about nintendo is the inability to play previous gen games on a current console, why is it that i can play my first gen PS games on my PS3 but i cant on a faggot ass wii? why is it that nintendo has to change up tha goddamn controller configuration on each console it releases but im still using the same familiar button config on my PS3 and my xbox? wtf is nintendos problem?

bottom line is nintendo plays bullshit games with consumers. I know the fanboys dont want to hear it and i know the other companies play games too like sony and their goddamn memory sticks and shit like that but thats still no comparison to the faggot ass shit that nintendo is up to. and belive me i used to be a hard core and i mean HARDCORE nintendo fan when the 64 was out. but really the N64 was the last thing nintendo did right. I will never ever buy a nintendo product again.

Faggotry? Come on, that language/attitude isn't needed here.

Regardless, the Wii is NOT a media device at all. Ninty never said it would be. There already dozens of media options out there that would do it better. I think they made the right choice by staying out of it entirely rather than making something that couldn't compete with Boxee/AppleTV/Windows Media Extender/XMBC/Vudu/Netflix/(see my point). The Wii doesn't need those things, and even if it had a CD/DVD player, would you use it? Don't you already have one?, two? maybe more ways to access that content?

Your point about the Wii not being backwards compatible is a little unfair. They had cartridges for a long time..., do you expect Nintendo to put a NES/SNES/N64 cartridge slots on the Gamecube and Wii? On top of that, do most people still have their old collections or are capable of buying old games? I think the Virtual Console + the ability to play Gamecube games is a fair trade. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 can't play every title from past generations.

Nintendo has had 5 different consoles that all came out in different generations of game playing. When the NES launched, games had to be simple, so did the controller. Gradually things became more complex and Nintendo had to change their controllers. I have no idea what inspired the Gamecube (even though I liked it) and N64 abominations though. Sony has had 3 consoles, and the original didn't have analog. Microsoft's had 2 consoles and launched where games were complex enough that they could have a specific controller type. Do you remember the massive original Xbox controller though? Dauym!

Nintendo knew they couldn't compete with graphics (it failed with the Gamecube), so they tried something else, and it worked.........., more than anyone could have ever imagined. I don't think they'll miss you, nor need you, however. It's interesting that you cite the Wii's inability to play media, play old games (even though it can), and varying control schemes as reasons to hate on the Wii. I would have chosen the lack of quality games (at least in 08), HORRIBLE MISERABLE TERRIBLE AWFUL ONLINE PLAY IN ALL ASPECTS EVERYWHERE, and wagglefilled games (the wiimote isn't precise enough).

I think you're being a little irrational (and perhaps a bit bitter!).

But this thread is about the DSi! All in all, I think it's pretty cool and will continue to trounce the PSP over and over and over and over into oblivion. Some of the people in this thread just don't get it..., if it was about featuresgraphicsgpscamerafeaturesmp3svideosdvdsomginternalstoragefeaturesstuffth

ings then the PS3 and PSP would be on top. Obviously they're not, so maybe everyone needs to rethink what's best.

nullarray, you are correct. I apologize, I know this isnt the WiiBash thread (any1 wanna open that one up?) and I wont say anything about any-other posts but my post had a few fail-flakes mixed in.

My bad

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about :P

Your posts are fine.

Faggotry? Come on, that language/attitude isn't needed here.

Regardless, the Wii is NOT a media device at all. Ninty never said it would be. There already dozens of media options out there that would do it better. I think they made the right choice by staying out of it entirely rather than making something that couldn't compete with Boxee/AppleTV/Windows Media Extender/XMBC/Vudu/Netflix/(see my point). The Wii doesn't need those things, and even if it had a CD/DVD player, would you use it? Don't you already have one?, two? maybe more ways to access that content?

Your point about the Wii not being backwards compatible is a little unfair. They had cartridges for a long time..., do you expect Nintendo to put a NES/SNES/N64 cartridge slots on the Gamecube and Wii? On top of that, do most people still have their old collections or are capable of buying old games? I think the Virtual Console + the ability to play Gamecube games is a fair trade. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 can't play every title from past generations.

Nintendo has had 5 different consoles that all came out in different generations of game playing. When the NES launched, games had to be simple, so did the controller. Gradually things became more complex and Nintendo had to change their controllers. I have no idea what inspired the Gamecube (even though I liked it) and N64 abominations though. Sony has had 3 consoles, and the original didn't have analog. Microsoft's had 2 consoles and launched where games were complex enough that they could have a specific controller type. Do you remember the massive original Xbox controller though? Dauym!

Nintendo knew they couldn't compete with graphics (it failed with the Gamecube), so they tried something else, and it worked.........., more than anyone could have ever imagined. I don't think they'll miss you, nor need you, however. It's interesting that you cite the Wii's inability to play media, play old games (even though it can), and varying control schemes as reasons to hate on the Wii. I would have chosen the lack of quality games (at least in 08), HORRIBLE MISERABLE TERRIBLE AWFUL ONLINE PLAY IN ALL ASPECTS EVERYWHERE, and wagglefilled games (the wiimote isn't precise enough).

I think you're being a little irrational (and perhaps a bit bitter!).

But this thread is about the DSi! All in all, I think it's pretty cool and will continue to trounce the PSP over and over and over and over into oblivion. Some of the people in this thread just don't get it..., if it was about featuresgraphicsgpscamerafeaturesmp3svideosdvdsomginternalstoragefeaturesstuffth

ings then the PS3 and PSP would be on top. Obviously they're not, so maybe everyone needs to rethink what's best.

No you're right, sometimes I get a little worked up about certain things, I apologize if i offended anyone. I have since edited my post. and yes i may have gone a little off topic bringing other consoles into the discussion, but that was to demonstrate the types of things that console makers do that really tick me off.

and to answer your question yes i do use the dvd functionality of my xbox 360's. not in my main media room because i have a media center pc that handles that, and yes i do like to pull out some old classics such as Perfect Dark and goldeneye when freinds come over. but yeah this has sorta gone off topic and i sorta highjacked the thread with my rants, but it appears other people feel the same way, maybe i just get too roid rage on my rants.