I recently received a USB Rubber Ducky, and have been attempting to make it work with no luck.
Here is where I am at:
Computers available to me:
- Windows 8.1 laptop
- Samsung ARM Chromebook running Arch Linux ARM off of an SD Card
- iMac (not updated, I forget what version of OSX is on it, maybe snow leopard?)
Micro SD Cards available to me:
- 128MB Micro SD (came wiith the Ducky)
- PNY 4GB Micro SDHC
- SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC
Initially I tried plugging the ducky as is into the windows laptop, but nothing seemed to happen. I then compiled a new inject.bin and loaded that onto the SD card, but that also didn't work. I have tried formatting the various SD cards I own as FAT32 and loading the bin on there, but they also don't work.
I have also re-flashed it using dfu-programmer with duck_v2.1.hex, but didn't seem to fix the issue either.
The strange thing is, based on what I've read online, my Ducky isn't behaving in a way that the ones that have issues normally do. Here is what happens when I attempt to use it:
- Plug it in to the Windows laptop without an SD Card: Get a solid red light
- Plug it in to the Windows laptop with ANY of the 3 SD cards I own: No LED light at all. If I wait some time (maybe a few minutes), it will turn on as a solid red light.
- Plug it in to the Windows laptop with ANY of the 3 SD cards and then push the button: Again, no LED light at all
I haven't found many posts about the Ducky not displaying any lights. It clearly works to an extent, as the LED is red when there is no card, and it allowed me to flash it without error.
There are 2 ideas I have that could be the issue, but could someone confirm?
- The SD card that came with the Ducky is faulty, and the other 2 don't work because they are Micro SDHC instead of Micro SD
- The acutal Ducky is faulty
Let me know if I need to provide any more details to help clarify anything.