I was quite happy to receive my pineapple in the mail yesterday. I've messed around with it a bunch and feel semi-comfortable with it. I have looked all over the forums and still have several questions that I couldn't find complete, up-to-date answers to.
1) How do people use this thing without their laptop? Lets see if I understand this correctly. The only infusions that work without a computer are the ones marked as "autostart". But how can the pineapple connect to a network (without a computer) so that the clients actually receive a working internet connection.
The only way I have thought that may be possible goes like this: Karma autostart is turned on and I connect to the fake AP. Next I open a browser and navigate to the Pineapple interface. If this works then it would not be difficult to control the pineapple without a computer,
2) Is it possible to tether it with an iPhone? I saw many posts and tutorials on android but little information for the Mark V with an iPhone. If this is possible again, could I just navigate the browser to http://172.16.42.1:1471/ and control the pineapple from there?
3) I think that it is possible to connect the pineapple to the computer via wifi but for some reason it screws up both my pineapple and computer internet connections. I am running Windows 7 (I know, not a good choice).
4) Is there a way to batch install/update infusions? I saw Seb mention that they were working on it, but never heard anything after that.
5) Are there detailed tutorials somewhere other than youtube and google that I am not seeing?
Thanks for any help!