Jump to content

Lockon

Active Members
  • Posts

    65
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

975 profile views

Lockon's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  1. It's not an issue with Karma, so there's nothing to fix. Karma exploits a weakness in how some WiFi-enabled devices probe for networks to connect to. It appears that some manufacturers have since improved their probe implementation and that's what we want, a continuous improvement over current technologies.
  2. That's normal. It's only visible from the computer that's connected to the Mark V. If you scan for those unencrypted networks from any other device like your phone, it won't show up. I have a feeling it has something to do with the ICS.
  3. Remember that SSLstrip isn't guaranteed to work on all sites. Look up "HSTS" and you'll see that there are measures in place to thwart SSLstrip-based compromising.
  4. Just noticed an odd issue, it's not a big deal for me but wanted to know if this is a known issue, perhaps with OpenWRT or what not. While deploying the Mark V for 7 hours non-stop (on supplied AC power), I noticed that the AP wasn't broadcasting its SSID. My test mobile devices are naturally unable to connect to the Mark V until I resolve the problem. All I've been doing is keeping Karma and URLSNARF enabled throughout the duration. URLSNARF is installed to a 16GB SD card (as with all of my other infusions). The temporary solution I found was to disable then re-enable wlan0 from the Network tile or simply reboot. Anyone else experienced this?
  5. Been messing with version 2.0 and for whatever reason I can't get SMSer to recognize any keywords. - installed in both SD and internal storage (made no difference) - am able to receive all messages from SMSer to cell phone (test msg and all error msgs do show up in cell phone texts) - using one word like "hello" responds with "Could you repeat that for me?" - wrapping words around keywords such as "Sup hello dude" responds the same way as just "hello" - repeating the keyword as in "hello hello hello hello" is unrecognized by SMSer as having any keywords Would appreciate any suggestions.
  6. Something's not configured right. Could you share some screen caps of your ICS configuration and how you're connecting the Pineapple to your source of internet?
  7. Ingsoc explained it well. When dealing with WiFi access points, you need to know 3 things. BSSID, ESSID and encryption method. 1. The ESSID is the name of the access point, which can be "My Home Network" or "Laundromat WiFi". 2. The BSSID is the MAC address of that access point. 3. The encryption method is whether it's Open, WPA, etc. The SSID you refer to is the ESSID and the mobile device associates the ESSID along with the BSSID together. So it would be like you showing up at John's house and asking for John (ESSID) but to make sure you're at the right place, you check the mailing address of the home to make sure (as there's a lot of "John's" in the world). To fool the person, it's easy to spoof the ESSID because you can name it whatever you want, it's mainly there to make it easier for mobile device users to distinguish each access point within range. So to use a laundromat scenario, if the access point for WiFi is 200 feet away and John is outside waiting for his clothes to finish drying surfing the net, you need to disconnect him by deauthing him first. Then you have your spoofed access point running Karma having it closer to him (mostly for a stronger signal) so that his mobile device chooses to connect to you instead. When he checks his device to see if he's still connected, he'll see the spoofed ESSID and as long as he has internet, will continue to surf the web. Your pineapple could be located in a parked car very near John but out of sight.
  8. The speedtest results are fine from the cable modem, router/AP and any device connecting directly to the AP, that wasn't the issue. The problem was when I discovered that I couldn't get any more speed out of any wifi device connecting to the Pineapple via wifi. When I tested the laptop the Pineapple was connected to (via ethernet cable), the laptop had no problem hitting the same speeds other devices connecting to the home AP were achieving. This told me something was up with the throughput within the Pineapple. As suggested by another user above, I checked for AP channel issues, my Pineapple was on channel 11, my home AP was on 6, so zero overlap. Anyhow I'm happy that everything's working fine now, just wish I knew what the cause was.
  9. Not sure what I did or if it's just coincidence. Here's the test setup. WiFi Device (phone/tablet) <-wifi-> Pineapple via wlan0 <-ethernet-> laptop <-wifi-> home AP <--> internet (15mbps rated by ISP) When I first tried the test a few weeks ago, I got roughly about 9mbps regardless of what WiFi device I used. Since then I reflashed my pineapple firmware, moved all infusions to the SD card and did nothing else, now I'm hitting 16Mbps down via Speedtest.net /scratches head
×
×
  • Create New...