Ok I'm gonna need some pointers here. I cannot connect to my Pineapple over my laptops LAN connection when directly plugged into the Pineapple.
I've been messing arround with my Pineapple for a few days now, mostly connected to it using WiFi or my local LAN (WAN port of Pineapple plugged in to my home network, it gets an IP from my DHCP server in my router). This works fine.
What I'm trying to do now is having users connect to my Pineapple over it's WiFi connection, then route the traffic to my laptop which is connected to the internet using my iPhone's USB modem using ICS in Windows 7.
What I've done is:
- Connected iPhone. Internet works.
- Plugged a cable into the WAN port (also tried PoE/LAN port) of the Pineapple and the other end into my laptop.
- Gave my laptop's LAN connection the IP: 172.16.42.42 /24
- Tried to connect to the Pineapple over 172.16.42.1 over LAN. But this does not work.
- Ran an IP scan but found nothing. This goes for both PoE and WAN ports.
I'm running FW 2.2.0