Site Survey

Whistle Master

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a new version of the site survey (see first post).

As of now, new versions will only be released as a module which will be sent to Seb.

Is your new site survey version the one we currently have installed view modules? I can see its different anyway.. Awesome job dude!

Is your new site survey version the one we currently have installed view modules? I can see its different anyway.. Awesome job dude!

The changes from the previous version (1.0) are the auto-refresh, a more visible graph (black background) and some columns added. If you don't see those, you still have the old version :P

Edited by Whistle Master

I've been playing around with site survey this morning - and of course I love it. Does exactly what I need it to do, bring down APs. One issue I'm curious about is why are we given the ability to turn off/on the monitor interface? For instance:

In this scenario there are three ssid's I'll reference: 'netgear' (the legit AP), 'free_wifi' (my default pineapple ssid) and 'FAKEAP' for my stored open auth ssid on my victim. I connect my victim (evo4g android phone) to my legit AP, 'netgear'. I fire up my pineapple, connected to a BT5 laptop, turn on karma and goto 172.16.42.1/pineapple/site_survey.php and theres nothing listed as expected. If I turn off mon.wlan0 first and turn it back on, I lose all ability to karma victims. I still have my free_wifi ssid (my default ssid, as opposed to "pineapple") but no FAKEAP is ever responded to my victim. Manually instigating a probe request by turning off/on my wifi on the victim does nothing, as the pineapple is not "listening" for AP's on wlan0, its using mon.wlan0 to listen for probe requests (it HAS to be! its the only way this makes sense). So by turning off mon.wlan0 you destroy the pineapples ability to say "YES" anymore, even if you bring it back up as mon0 (standard airmon-ng fare).

Power cycle the pineapple fixes it all of course. Now if instead of bringing down mon.wlan0 and bringing it back up as mon0 - if I just turn off WLAN0 and bring it back up, I see my list of nearby APs and it deauths the netgear AP just fine and karma's my victim right to the pineapple, like a champ. So my question is why do we even give the option to turn off/on mon.wlan0? There doesn't seem to be a need to, and in fact it hurts what we're trying to accomplish.

I've already removed the link on my local site_survey.php, maybe to reduce peoples confusion you can do the same for the production version of the module too? Thanks WM, this mod is exactly what I've been looking for!

telot

Telot,

You're right, if I only turn down / up the wlan0 interface, I can see the AP list, but I don't get any clients listed if I don't bring down / up the mon.wlan0 interface...

Can you list the clients connected if you only turn down / up wlan0 interface ?

Telot,

You're right, if I only turn down / up the wlan0 interface, I can see the AP list, but I don't get any clients listed if I don't bring down / up the mon.wlan0 interface...

I was thinking this too last week, i had so many problems doing my testing.

May I suggest an 'Auto WLAN Restart' Feature, if we are working via wifi, as if I turn off WLAN0 to restart site survey, I obviously cannot log back into the pineapple.

The only thing I could do to get it back on was via setting up a button to turn it on (in the beta 1.1 firmware, button module )

I was thinking this too last week, i had so many problems doing my testing.

May I suggest an 'Auto WLAN Restart' Feature, if we are working via wifi, as if I turn off WLAN0 to restart site survey, I obviously cannot log back into the pineapple.

The only thing I could do to get it back on was via setting up a button to turn it on (in the beta 1.1 firmware, button module )

rofl interesting side effect! I totally didn't think about that, as I always connect to my pineapple via ethernet or over cellular/ethernet. It should be a cinch to modify the script to bring it right back up so that you'd lose connectivity for as little a time as possible.

telot

Telot,

Same thing here - only the AP list, no clients. For me, that is just fine for now - losing the ability to karma outweighs the need to see clients in my book, though others may feel differently and therefore want the monitor up/down. Perhaps a line of instruction regarding this either in a README or on the actual page site_survey.php will reduce future confusion?

Thanks again WM, this thing is awesome

telot

I just sent an update to Seb regarding the Auto WLAN feature :)

v1.3.1

Upgraded to Official 1.1.0 release and installed 1.3.2 Site Survey.

However when I try to deauth clients, I get following error message (see screen cap)

This didnt happen pre update

post-39159-0-43914300-1333496654_thumb.j

Upgraded to Official 1.1.0 release and installed 1.3.2 Site Survey.

However when I try to deauth clients, I get following error message (see screen cap)

This didnt happen pre update

Thanks for reporting that. I will correct the bug and send a new version to Seb tonight.

Hi WM, nice work !!!!!!

is there any link to the newest version (v1.3.2) ?

because at the first post it seems (v1.0b)

New version are now released as a module for the modules system appeared in the last 1.1.0 firmware. Old version is there only for MK3.

v1.3.3 is out! I corrected the bug with deauth clients.

Heya WW!

Been waiting until modules was supported to check out some of your incredible additions, and today's the day! :)

I updated my MK4 to 1.1.0 successfully, fired up the GUI in FireFox

Went to the "modules" menu item

Showed available modules and choose to install Site Survey 1.3.3

Launch Site Survey

all I show is what appears to be the column header bar.

I try refreshing both APs and clients, no data ever shows up.

I"m currently connected to an AP on the machine I'm controlling the MK4 with, as well as another 6 or so APs available to all my devices, devices can connect to my MK4 and get to internet (which is going through a WiFi AP), etc.

Any ideas? I've tried rebooting the device, turning on Karma, turning off Karma, etc, to no avail.

Thanks

Heya WW!

Been waiting until modules was supported to check out some of your incredible additions, and today's the day! :)

Launch Site Survey

I"m currently connected to an AP on the machine I'm controlling the MK4 with, as well as another 6 or so APs available to all my devices, devices can connect to my MK4 and get to internet (which is going through a WiFi AP), etc.

Any ideas? I've tried rebooting the device, turning on Karma, turning off Karma, etc, to no avail.

Thanks

Click Auto. Then refresh APs.

Heya WW!

Launch Site Survey

Thanks

Did you turn off and on again wlan0 to see other APs and deauth them? This WILL kick off any victims you might currently be serving. If you then turn off/on mon.wlan0 you can see individual clients connected to APs as well, but karma will no longer work, requiring a reboot to reestablish functionality. Hope this helps!

telot

Click Auto. Then refresh APs.

Dude, what the HELL man, are you a wizard? ;) Nailed it, as usual.

I noted that both "monitor interface" and "wlan interface" were set to "enabled" and green. Tried disabling, reenabling, etc.

never clicked on "auto". I also noted that it was green both before and after clicking, nothing changed to those menu items, but it clearly got it all going!

Thanks again for the quick and precise help guys, your depth of knowledge never ceases to amaze. :)

Did you turn off and on again wlan0 to see other APs and deauth them? This WILL kick off any victims you might currently be serving. If you then turn off/on mon.wlan0 you can see individual clients connected to APs as well, but karma will no longer work, requiring a reboot to reestablish functionality. Hope this helps!

telot

That DEFINITELY helps...playing about with it, I see that Karma is still showing enabled in the GUI, but the karma'd AP has disappeared from my devices and they've reconnected to the onsite secured AP.

Thanks for the assist Telot, I sure appreciate the hell outta you guys :) This community is amazing.

That DEFINITELY helps...playing about with it, I see that Karma is still showing enabled in the GUI, but the karma'd AP has disappeared from my devices and they've reconnected to the onsite secured AP.

Thanks for the assist Telot, I sure appreciate the hell outta you guys :) This community is amazing.

And since those devices had reconnected to the secured AP, and Site Survey is working fine, I took the opportunity to swing a pimp hand at those connected devices via SS, and it worked perfectly!!! muaaahahah!!

I know I'm a bit behind the curve because i waited until the 1.1.0 modules-enabled firmware was released to play with these amazing modules, but I'll catch up shortly, I promise :)

Now I need to get caught up on neinsager...gotta get an interface to do the deauthing so we can have Karma up and waiting to serve the deauthed clients! :)

Thanks again WW, and to all...this is amazing.