• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 killuminati

killuminati

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:All about the Pineapple Mark IV, Ubertooth One, Beautiful Women and down right EviL ShenaniganS

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Im glad someone mentioned this cuz I actually was getting frustrated with this myself... Ive had my mark iv for about 3 days now and at one point I had it set up where it was showing up all my known access point connections from the past. Ive been fiddling around with it none stop being a complete noob and BOOM thats gone now. For quite a while I was only getting my karma logs to show passthroughs by connecting to the default pineapple network. Where as before It was showing people being connected to my pineapple through other "access points". Long story short I used the program lion cache cleaner and ran one of the default commands called "renew dhcp license" & "clean internet cache". Re-connected to the pineapple control centre and BAM saw the passthroughs working as they should. Got 1 guy who thinks he's connected to subway which is no where near my area... lol Soooooo I assume its working now. (More like praying... lol) When I connect to the pineapple network directly I can browse the internet so I guess I got it configured all right.
Strange thing is what happened to all my previous networks showing? What I figured karma to be was that if I turned my phone and ipad off and turned it back on it would connect to my home network but actually pass through my pineapple. phfewww got lots more reading to do. Im on this thing ALL day and I'm recently unemployed LOL not good!
Right I'm off to learn how to get ssh working, configuring the pineapple (Want the webui looking like darrens when he was showing off the mark III at the baltic bar). Best part is I bought a ubertooth one too. Yea I'm gonna be all kinds of messed up this next month(s).

Anyone in London? ill trade beer and food for knowledge. Just thought id put that out there... ;p
[size="7"][/size -= If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 6 sharpening my axe=-

#22 iamk3

iamk3

Hak5 Zombie

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

killuminati: Have you updated the firmware or made sure that you are on the 1.0.2? The 1.0 fw the they were originally shipped with had an issue with the firewall.
Capitalization is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

iamk3 @ irc.hak5.org #hak5

#23 killuminati

killuminati

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:All about the Pineapple Mark IV, Ubertooth One, Beautiful Women and down right EviL ShenaniganS

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

killuminati: Have you updated the firmware or made sure that you are on the 1.0.2? The 1.0 fw the they were originally shipped with had an issue with the firewall.

Yup all updated! Mine came in 1.01 and I upgrade it to 1.0.2. It's funny because my mac crashed and restarted it. Clicked on the available wireless icon and for literally a split second I could see my old access points show and then gone. After the restart it seems I can't login into the control centre from my mac. Only way I can connect is changing the network to pineapple rather then my home network. Going to try to sort out airdrop and see if I can get the pass through working right.

Here's my specs
Osx lion 10.7.3
Wifi sharing on from wifi to Ethernet
Wifi settings using dhcp
Ethernet settings ip 172.16.42.42
Subnet 255.255.256.0
Router 172.16.42.1

I can connect to the control centre though from my VMware. Settings for that are : 1 network adapter set at NAT and added another set to bridged (Ethernet)
Hope I didn't miss out anymore info. Thoroughly confused
Thanks for the help dude. Not sure if I should hope I'm doing something wrong or if there's an actual issue here!
[size="7"][/size -= If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 6 sharpening my axe=-

#24 MrBurN

MrBurN

• Active Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

I can't get any of my device to connect to my Mark IV , i'm on firmware 1.0.2 . i tryed an iphone 3gs , 2 laptop 1 with windows 1 with backtrack 5 , also tryed a tablet and my android 2.3 smartphone .. Mk4 karma is enabled , tryed clear cache many time and reset factory , nothing seem to work. Could use some help please !

If i connect directly on the pineapple everything works fine but i cant hijack any connection.

#25 barry99705

barry99705

Hak5 1337 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yup all updated! Mine came in 1.01 and I upgrade it to 1.0.2. It's funny because my mac crashed and restarted it. Clicked on the available wireless icon and for literally a split second I could see my old access points show and then gone. After the restart it seems I can't login into the control centre from my mac. Only way I can connect is changing the network to pineapple rather then my home network. Going to try to sort out airdrop and see if I can get the pass through working right.

Here's my specs
Osx lion 10.7.3
Wifi sharing on from wifi to Ethernet
Wifi settings using dhcp
Ethernet settings ip 172.16.42.42
Subnet 255.255.256.0
Router 172.16.42.1

I can connect to the control centre though from my VMware. Settings for that are : 1 network adapter set at NAT and added another set to bridged (Ethernet)
Hope I didn't miss out anymore info. Thoroughly confused
Thanks for the help dude. Not sure if I should hope I'm doing something wrong or if there's an actual issue here!

Look around here. There's a post about ICS from Lion, it won't use the 172 addresses.

The Pineapple Wiki

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com

1JRos2rbs9wKRBMchL9Ahw.png

#26 killuminati

killuminati

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the reply man! I confirm it's all fine on windows with the same setup. Definitely a mac issue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users