What Helpdesk Do You Use

itsm0ld

I have used Kaseya in the past as it is a full featured product and fairly inexpensive. My company is also in the process of looking for a help desk solution. We are currently interviewing 4 different companies and have narrowed it down to Kaseya and N-Able. You may also want to look at Level Platforms or GFI depending on your needs. Kaseya is focused more on I.T. Automation, Ticketing, Scripting, Patch Management, Backups, and Remote Connectivity as well as N-Able. Level Platforms and GFI seem to focus more on monitoring but are not the better of the 4.

The company I work for uses, HPSM for managing and logging tickets.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/IT-Service-Management-Blog/Introducing-HP-Service-Manager-9-20/ba-p/2410231

At first, it can be a very complex tool to use, but once you get the hand of it. It's a very good tool for managing tickets.

Edited by Infiltrator

Thanks for the response guys, I am making a list of packages to try. I really need just basic features:

Open ticked via email

Track ticket progress

Basic reporting, close time, response time, etc

Different levels of user, tech, admin, user

As you can see its a very basic set of requirements, almost everything fits the bill but as you know it can be hard to zero in on the best choices.

I personally implanted Sysaid. And my company currently uses BMC Magic (soon to migrate to Remedy)

FYI on Remedy,

I have programmed it and supported it. If you are planning on using the out of box product don't modify it. You will spend the rest of your life fixing things. If the out of box doesn't work for your company invest in someone that will create a custom made help desk for you. It is a neat product though. I enjoyed it even though I was programing it all the time.

We used to use MojoHelpdesk, but it was pretty awful. I setup RequestTracker and we've been happily using it for just over a year.

RequestTracker might not have all the features of systems like Kayako or Zendesk, but it works very well for our email-heavy workflow.

We used to use MojoHelpdesk, but it was pretty awful. I setup RequestTracker and we've been happily using it for just over a year.

RequestTracker might not have all the features of systems like Kayako or Zendesk, but it works very well for our email-heavy workflow.

LOL funny you should mention mojohelpdesk we have used it in the past and it was truly horrible.....I had 1 star lol....

I have been tasked to implement a helpdesk system, I have looked at Zen desk and Kayako...looking for suggestions on what you guys are using.

I tried both www.zendesk.com and www.focalScope.com . I ended up using FocalScope because they have a free startup edition with features that Zendesk charges good money for. Both are great help desks, it comes down to your needs and budget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I my IT career I have used soooooooooooo many Helpdesk systems and by far I found the winner has been OSTicket, it is simple, full featured and really just works once configured.

I used to run RT, OTRS, ManageEngine, Salesforce and others either they were to complex, to difficult for people to use quickly and just cumbersome. OSTicket does everything right, yes they could use some more features but at the end of the day the extra feature we just would not use.

• 4 weeks later...

Kayako. Not a big fan of it too much configuring and it takes time setting stuff up.

For the things that you mention. I would recommend that you try spyceworks,

It would take you a few hours of research, and it's easy to setup.

If you don't have the time, get someone from freelancer to help you :)

One more thing, Kaseya is good only if you have more than 1000, they charge per computer NOT CHEAP

"deepfreeze those computers and never worry about them"

Edited by Jmanuel

It may be more helpful if we knew what features you're looking for, but aside from that, we use Spiceworks. Fast, free, and has a great community. I find myself search for help there first before heading to Google.

Spiceworks works great. It's what we use at UCF in my department.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have found HappyFox ( http://www.happyfox.com) to be very useful for managing client requests. The tool integrates with our email and website, creates tickets based on customer requests. HappyFox allows us to categorize and search for tickets, making bulk mail handling very simple. It also enables us set milestones for tracking the progress of each ticket with the status feature of each ticket. We have also added staff members with different administrative privileges in our support instance. HappyFox is free for a 2 member team and economically priced for larger teams

• 2 weeks later...