Android Tethering- How to tether a pineapple to an Android via WiFi?

chriswhat

I need help configuring my Pineapple to act as both a client and an access point. I'd like to connect my Pineapple to my Android via WiFi tethering (not USB tethering), and then share that connection with my Pineapple clients. I have an Alfa AWUS036NHA and a rooted Galaxy S3 with FoxFi.

NOTE: Because I have an unlimited data plan, my carrier has locked the built-in tethering and portable hotspot feature. This means I cannot tether my Android to my pineapple via USB. When mobile, I tether my Android to my Mac via FoxFi or PdaNet, and then use my Mac's ICS to provide my Pineapple with internet. I want to eliminate the middle man (my Mac).

Thanks.

what you should do is first of all get rid of that stock sprint rom and flash a custom rom version to your device.

Actually, for my S4, I didn't have to change the ROM.

Just root, and then install a custom recovery, and then install mods.

No, I haven't tried to tether directly to the Pineapple, either via USB, nor WiFi.

However, I have used it on my laptop via USB tether and the Pineapple on the ethernet port.

Worked great.

Actually, for my S4, I didn't have to change the ROM.

Just root, and then install a custom recovery, and then install mods.

No, I haven't tried to tether directly to the Pineapple, either via USB, nor WiFi.

However, I have used it on my laptop via USB tether and the Pineapple on the ethernet port.

Worked great.

I typically tether using the same method but I'm trying to eliminate my laptop from the scenario. Because I can't tether my Android to the pineapple via USB (due to carrier restrictions), I'm trying to tether via WiFi. I experimented with the network manager module but didn't have any success. Not sure if I'm using it correctly.

You should be able to connect to your phone's hotspot just like connecting to any regular access point. There is another post here https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27142-mk4-usb-wifi-dongle-internet-sharing-how-to/ that explains extremely well how to accomplish what you want.

Good luck!

Thanks, I was able to solve the problem after visiting the link that you provided. The script in the link helped me figure it out... my issue was with iptables. Thanks again.