Hak5 Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Dave-ee Jones

In-browser CLI for remote access

It does sound fun, but I wouldn't be much help at all, sorry. I mean, I could write <?php ?> for you.. πŸ™Œ Contribution πŸ˜›
  3. Dave-ee Jones

PineAP ssid_file

Alright, calm down, was just curious. 🏳️
  4. Foxtrot

PineAP ssid_file

No, the SQL DB(s) we use are SQLite, and we manipulate it by opening connections to it, modifying, and closing the connection. Absolutely not.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Dave-ee Jones

Range - AWUSO36NH vs AWUSO36ACH ?

It's true 2.4 GHz can struggle to navigate it's way through many other channels of 2.4 GHz, but it doesn't mean it's useless. Your neighbourhood must have a magical air about it... ..AKA WiFi.
  7. Dave-ee Jones

hi im new to germany :)

You should be able to do something similar to this for an OpenWRT device. πŸ™‚
  8. Dave-ee Jones

Where are you buying your stickers from? In Europe

πŸ‘ŒPretty good for Aussies. ...Welp, I appreciate you answering his question @haze1434 but now you made me go and buy a bunch of stickers.. πŸ˜›
  9. Dave-ee Jones

PineAP ssid_file

Interesting - so is the Pineapple hosting an SQL server as well (phpMyAdmin maybe?) or is it just exporting to a .db file?
  10. Foxtrot

PineAP ssid_file

The change location is still there because it allows you to change the location of the database, should the user want to. It will (and should) always be named 'pineapple.db'. This is why the "Change Location" input box omit the filename.
  11. sponbobs

hi im new to germany :)

Can u help?
  12. spartan_sydb

WiFi signal

Kismet should allow you to monitor the strength.
  13. Thraks

PineAP ssid_file

Thanks, you're right it is in pineapple.db Incase anyone else is interested other tables are: api_tokens, downloads, notes, notifications, ssids, tracking Kind of a shame they moved from the simple list file. Made swapping, importing, comparing and joining super easy. But then again, it can't hurt to learn sql. Anyway, thanks for your help guys.
  14. Just_a_User

PineAP ssid_file

I think SSID's are stored in /etc/pineapple/pineapple.db (so location is as per the GUI option) which is a sqlight3 database AFAIK there are a few tools to view/open/edit after downloading it. I also think notifications are in there along with notes, maybe more as i haven't spent much time digging.
  15. Charlie86

WiFi signal

Hi, What program should I use to measure Wifi signal straight in real time. I want to mesure only one SSID, but I am not connected to it. I am using Kali and Alfa AWUS036NHA
  16. Thraks

PineAP ssid_file

That makes a lot more sense. Anyway to import to that db that you're aware of?
  17. b0N3z

PineAP ssid_file

its now stored as a database. I dont know why some of the options to change location are still in the webui because they dont seem like they are relevant. Ive noticed this a while ago and wondered why those options were still there. @Foxtrot
  18. Thraks

PineAP ssid_file

This should be fairly straight forward, but has the location SSID's for PineAP are stored changed from "/etc/pineapple/ssid_file"? My pool location still points to the default "/etc/pineapple/", but I'm not able to see any SSID's in ssid_file, and it has a file size of 0 bytes. This is persistent through restarts, adding new SSIDs via GUI, as well as adding them to ssid_file (obv file size changes here) yet the list of existent ssids in PineAP is persistent and functional. I've grep'd to locate ssid's i know should be in the file, but that comes up with empty results as well.
  19. The shipping costs was not that expensive on standard, around 4€. πŸ™‚
  20. donwayne

Bash Bunny Will Not Update

MB60893, Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add that I've attempted the unbricking process numerous times and it never completes. The red led continues to blink after 10+ minutes, but blinks at different intervals than when the unbricking process starts. There are 3 blinks followed by a long blink, a regular blink and then a long pause. This loops through a for a few minutes and then it appears to start over blinking at the regular interval. There is never an indication that the process completes. Is there a different unbricking process for firmware 1.0_167?
  21. i8igmac

Range - AWUSO36NH vs AWUSO36ACH ?

It is exactly interference. The source is a combination of things in the neighborhood, also more noticeable with the amount of range involved. but again. 5.8ghz brings me a solid long range stable 40mb per second. both radios operate in different frequency. the device is in fact broadcasting 2.4ghz from device1 πŸ˜‰ and 5.8ghz blows right threw all the nearby congested airwaves.
  22. TroubleMaker

[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.0

It worked. I mean, maybe. I mean, for now. Thanks.
  23. Just_a_User

When you power on with the reset button held the tetra defaults to 192.168.1.1 so maybe its conflicting with router?
  24. Just_a_User

No it was there before the last update - I would do a firmware recovery as its a full re-flash from a uboot recovery stage - you power on while holding the reset button etc etc see here and follow instructions for firmware recovery https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq
  25. Just_a_User

I would do a firmware recovery, see if it comes back.
  26. Just_a_User

I see something weird.... your recon scan screenshot should be showing 2.4Ghz 5Ghz or both and it has none... weird.
  1. Load more activity