Hak5 Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. i8igmac

Running netcat on Raspberry Pi boot

I hope you try what I suggested above to confirm what I suspect is happening. You should also try this. pipe the netcat data to a file to see if there is a error logged. With out the 'sleep 15' netcat 192.168.69.1 -w 10 > /tmp/nc.log exit 0
  3. Today
  4. kbeflo

[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.1

Master Seb I'm still on 2.0.2, can I flash 2.1.1 straight away?
  5. digininja

42.zip bomb

It is only a problem if you do a recursive decompress. Pick a single file and just pull that out, that will be a compressed file. Repeat the process. If you are worried about crashing the computer, create a fixed size drive and mount that so it can't escape beyond it and kill things.
  6. pierre

42.zip bomb

Haha it will crash out my computer for sure if I do an extract ! Futhermore I might understand that there is 16 layers of zip files, each ones containing zip files and so on.. But still don't know how they manage to only have a 42 Kb zip file whereas me who nearly have a 1 Mb zip file that only contains 1 Gb.....
  7. barry99705

new TETRA Bricked wtf

I know, that's why I said make sure it's actually using com 3.
  8. aethernaut

[Official] Site Survey Module

I have only completed a simple test but firmware 2.1.1 appears to fix SiteSurvey. However it seems you may still have to create a "capture" folder in /pineapple/modules/SiteSurvey/ before it fully works. I already had the module on the SD card so I do not know if a new install would require this.
  9. MB60893

Bash Bunny Will Not Update

Having not done any firmware updates myself (I avoid them like the plague, because they seem so temperamental), I don't know if there is a way to unbrick it another way... My best suggestion is to see if you can downgrade the BashBunny back to the previous firmware version/at least an operating state. If this doesn't work, contact the HakShop or Hak5 directly for support. Good luck!
  10. MB60893

bunnyupdater why does it hate me already

@ElbowNi Absolute pleasure. Glad to be of assistance! 😊
  11. Sebkinne

Hi everyone, We have just released firmware v2.1.1 with a whole bunch of bugfixes. Please see the first post of this thread for more details.
  12. Sebkinne

Hi everyone, We have just released firmware v2.1.1 with a whole bunch of bugfixes. Please see the first post of this thread for more details.
  13. tim657657

new TETRA Bricked wtf

it opens a seesion and does nothing just opens and when i go to close it session ends but will not ask me to login or anything.
  14. Sebkinne

new TETRA Bricked wtf

Please see https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq. The first entry is "Serial Console on the WiFi Pineapple TETRA". This will give you all the information you require.
  15. tim657657

new TETRA Bricked wtf

what are all the specs for setting up the serial com baud rate etc...?
  16. Does anyone know a good replacement for the carrying case? I haven't really found a good one yet, and the ones I found are to small or night the right size.
  17. PoSHMagiC0de

Hmm, could the command be added to the interfaces file after autoup-ing the interface? Might can create a service that starts after the interface is up. Background bash file called from local.rc that looks at interface every 5 seconds and launches netcat when an ip shows?
  18. Dave-ee Jones

42.zip bomb

FYI.. 1 PB = 1024 TB 1 TB = 1024 GB 1 GB = 1024 MB 1 MB = 1024 KB 1 KB = 1024 B Therefore 4.5 PB = 4.5 * 1024 TB = 4.5 * 1024 * 1024 GB = 4.5 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 MB = 4.5 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 KB = 4.5 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 B = 5,066,549,580,791,800 B = 5.0665496e+15 B Therefore, 4.5 PB =5,066,549,580,791,800 B. Qwik maf. Don't worry - you were only ~500 trillion Bytes out (I think). 🙂
  19. Dave-ee Jones

PineAP ssid_file

Not entirely true, but funny.
  20. Yesterday
  21. Tudor Gheorghiu

ARPPD - ARP Poisoning Defender

Demo Video:
  22. Tudor Gheorghiu

ARPPD - ARP Poisoning Defender

Hi, I don't post a lot on this forums but I made a cool script that protects a linux box from gateway ARP Poisoning attacks (it does it instantly, without a 5 second poll delay like other scripts). All details are on the github repo: https://github.com/Prodicode/ARPPD All feedback is appriciated! This was my first security project in C.
  23. i8igmac

i have experience this same thing. I believe netcat starts up before your networking services completely configured. What worked for me. Sleep 15 netcat . . . 192. Exit 0
  24. Just_a_User

I do use mine in this way for both official modules but also using a terminal emulator on my mobile. you can obviously script more common/repetative tasks to streamline things a little. Its still more stealthy than a laptop and wifi adapter if a little awkward. But as you say the pineapples are great for MITM, especially when combined with a laptop. If you share Internet through the laptop you can easily monitor packets live with wireshark, run bettercap etc.. but thats not the stealthiest option. If you just need to capture packets you can always use tcpdump on the pineapple itself. Or if you need to capture handshakes you could use the aircrack-ng suite or maybe wifite2 would help. Hope this gives you something to try while waiting to see if some of the community modules are tweaked.
  25. aethernaut

@Just_a_User Thanks for the reply. The ability to operate the Nano in a more "tactical" manner through the management interface using a phone or tablet was what attracted me to the device more than anything else. If I am going to use tools via a terminal then I'll use a laptop with an decent wifi adapter (decent compared to the wifi in the laptop - I'm not making snarky comments about the Nano!). I can see that the Nano is primarily a MITM device but it was useful to have a basic packet capturing ability as provided by Site Survey. Sad but true. I'll just have to wait and see ...
  26. barry99705

new TETRA Bricked wtf

Also make sure it's actually com3. Might be using a different com port now.
  27. Thanks for the quick suggestion @i8igmac - appreciate it. Unfortunately, that's not worked. I've edited /etc/rc.local and added netcat 192.168.1.215 443 -w 10 On reboot - nothing. If I run the command stand alone, it connects fine, so I've ruled out a connectivity issue there. Could it be anything to do with the user that the pi boots with? I've tried adding sudo in front of the netcat command - nothing. any suggestions from you guys is appreciated
  28. Just_a_User

new TETRA Bricked wtf

did you already try a firmware recovery? its different to a factory reset - https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq
  1. Load more activity