Aircrack on the iPod touch.

Saxon

Hey guy's,

I have a 1st gen touch with the 2.0 firmware I just in the last half hour jailbreaked an I am on the look for some app's most importantly Aircrack, has any one got it running on the ipod yet?

Cheers, Saxon.

There is not such app to my knowledge, and most likely never will be. If you're looking for on the go WEP cracking i'd say looking the eee-pc or other sub notebooks.

On this note, where can i get the iPhone sdk or "vm"? I would be interested in helping. I know it has infineon s-gold3h chip set for celluar data but what chipset is the wireless card(wifi)?

EDIT

Answered my own question about the chipsets. I think

Main processor & Video >>>>>>Samsung

Memory>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Samsung

Input/output controller chip in the device/Touch screen controllers>>>>>>>Broadcom

Power management>>>>>>>>>Texas Instruments

Wi-Fi chip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvell

Digital Camera>>>>>>>>>>>>>Micron

Power Amplifier>>>>>>>>>>>>Skyworks

Radio for the Bluetooth chipset>>Cambridge Silicon

Baseband communications>>>>>Infineon Technologies

Other legacy (Marvel…)

Supported by airodump for Windows>>>NO

Supported by airodump for Linux>>>NO

Supported by aireplay for Linux>>>Unknown

Link

Aircrack for MacOS X. Link

Marvell Yukon 88E8001 OSX driver. Link

More specific information on the chipset would be great if anyone has it.. and also the vm. Thank you

Edit

Nevermind. Dont have a iPhone, dont want to install the windows toolchain... shit sucks

I believe he said the IPOD not IPHONE... IPhones have wifi, but can they run linux? If so I think someone would eventually develop a driver that works with the iphone's wifi card, then in theory you could use the aircrack tools ;)

But IPOD's don't have wifi do they? so no not a chance unless you can somehow rig a wifi device into it ;)

I believe he said the IPOD not IPHONE... IPhones have wifi, but can they run linux? If so I think someone would eventually develop a driver that works with the iphone's wifi card, then in theory you could use the aircrack tools ;)

But IPOD's don't have wifi do they? so no not a chance unless you can somehow rig a wifi device into it ;)

iPod Touches have wifi.

Reverse engineering a wifi driver not only is extremely difficult, it's usually "just too much". Meaning that in the end, it just doesn't happen.

There's been people working on reverse-engineering the wifi driver for the Nokia n800/n810, and they have never even dented the whole thing. It's only when very recently, Nokia started Open Sourcing the driver that things really kicked off.

I don't know what wifi chipset the iPod uses, but it'll be quite some time before anyone gets real access to it. First, you would need to install some kind of Linux flavour on it [1] (this would actually be the easy part), there's a lot of Linux versions for ARM already (debian, deblet, Angstrom) work fine, but the biggest problem would be finding the correct drivers and getting everything to work. Once you achieve this, trying to get the wifi going is going to be hard, but it is plausible. But that's just the first step.

Getting it to support packet injection? That's a completely different story.

[1]: I have no idea what kind of access developers get to the actual underlying hardware on a Mac/iPhone. This is why I would suggest get Linux on it. If you are able to load/unload drivers freely, installing Linux isn't even needed, just start hacking away at a new driver. But again, this is not an easy task.

Not even worth bothering with, simply because the iPhone/iPod Touch are notorious for their closedness. Apple wants to restrict the platform down to the level where THEY decide what you get to do with the device. And wireless cracking is NOT something they want you to do :D

well kz26 of course apple WANTS to restrict the device from doing anything that it isn't "supposed" to do...

But I recall an episode of hak5 (can't remember which) but chris showed an ipod which had linux installed on it! so its definately possible to get linux on an ipod... (and it played D00M :))

If you've got linux running on your ipod then you are halfway there. Its the default apple software on there that is restricting. With the apple software your pretty much trapped in a little box, and can only do what is allowed. With linux your device becomes liberated! Although you are only half way as I said, still the possibility of wireless cracking opens up. Then if the wifi device is capable of going into monitor mode and injecting packets, then someone l337 could code the driver (if they had any interest in doing so). ;)

Though I'm not sure how many people out there have those skills, so that's why you may get stuck at the halfway point...

well kz26 of course apple WANTS to restrict the device from doing anything that it isn't "supposed" to do...

But I recall an episode of hak5 (can't remember which) but chris showed an ipod which had linux installed on it! so its definately possible to get linux on an ipod... (and it played D00M :))

If you've got linux running on your ipod then you are halfway there. Its the default apple software on there that is restricting. With the apple software your pretty much trapped in a little box, and can only do what is allowed. With linux your device becomes liberated! Although you are only half way as I said, still the possibility of wireless cracking opens up. Then if the wifi device is capable of going into monitor mode and injecting packets, then someone l337 could code the driver (if they had any interest in doing so). ;)

Though I'm not sure how many people out there have those skills, so that's why you may get stuck at the halfway point...

iPodLinux wasn't really supported after the 5th Gen iPods / 1st Gen Nanos, plus iPodLinux's site is currently down (makes me sadface as I have ordered a replacement HDD for my old broken one and now when I get it I'll have to stick to Apple's firmware) so it would be a lot of work to get linux running on an iTouch / iPhone although some attempts are being made at http://www.iphonelinux.org/index.php/Main_Page