Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the song/artist information is still cached in a xml file in ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.[user]/Cache/SomeRandomFileName, i havent really looked into how it adds new songs to it but im sure someone will write a new program to use this.

/me slaps forehead, looks at ground

Jayme65 -- will look into your problem.

More importantly, I will work on a solution for the issue at hand.

dirty D

This was exactly what I had in mind - I will change the implementation to look fot the song name / artist from the xml cache – just have to write some logic on keeping an index of the place in the file - I do believe it will not change for a while because of the dependencies from the player.

I will get to it tonite - will keep you updated.....

A working update to Pandoras Jar is now available:

http://www.tengbob.com/pandora-0.07.zip

features:

resolves Pandora title artist / song title change

save mp3 artist/album/song.mp3

ID3 tagging artis/album/song/track/year/genre

fetches artist bio - via last.fm

fetched last.fm [track stat]

fetched last.fm [similar songs]

fetches last.fm [top fans]

fetches and saves album art - via last.fm

tags ID3 cover art - (embeds album image in MP3, viewable in ITUNES / IPOD)

next release:

add played songs to your last.fm account

enjoy -- again.....

preview2.jpg

Wow, that was fast!

I noticed that you can click in the playing song name within pandora and it opens a dedicated page with info and the album art. Maybe you can make it get the album art from there as an alternative, in case last.fm doesn't have it.

kickarse - will look into it - I'm am in the process of finalizing a new release which optimizes stream handling and resolves a few other bugs - I have not experiences the problem myself, but the next release should help.

My guess is that I was using a line reader instead of a buffered reader to read static content - this has been resolved in my local sandbox.

Also the application may struggle if you have a ton of files in your temp dir - I guess I should filter the files before I try to sort them.....

ETA - I have a couple hours tonite to finish up - I will keep you updated.

PS

Is there any information in the consule that might help diagnose? There is a continous loop in the server run method - this is expected and should behave........

This is how it went down...

In CMD

cd

cd pandora (folder i have pandora in)

java -jar pandora.jar

Opened up http://localhost

All loaded fine and I captured one mp3 nicely...

I then close the java applet.... closed FF...

I then tried to run above again in CMD and got this continuallly

C:Pandorajava -jar pandora.jar

over and over again.... just keeps looping. I don't know the java system well enough to debug anything... If you want to let me know something to try I'm willing...

@irieb:

First of all: Great work!

Feature request:

If it is possible for you to recognize the current station that is currently played in Pandora it should be a piece of cake to save the grabed songs/directories to a superior directory named by the station and/or generate a playlistfile for each station.

dr.med.wurst

save the grabed songs/directories to a superior directory named by the station

I agree this would be nice -- I have thought about this but with an initial pass I could not find a hook to get this information -- I will look into it further - I will have to put my heavy gloves on for this task :twisted: ......

Thanks for the feedback :wink:

new release available for download:

http://www.tengbob.com/pandoras-jar-beta.1.zip

dr.med.wurst

Feature request:

If it is possible for you to recognize the current station that is currently played in Pandora it should be a piece of cake to save the grabed songs/directories to a superior directory named by the station and/or generate a playlistfile for each station.

I finally got around to your feature request, and I'm proud to deliver the news that through some sneaky tactics I was able to get it into the new release - you will have to provide your Pandora user name - this does not get used for any other reason than communicating with Pandora.com - no password is required..

Included in this release:

1) Organizes mp3's by Pandora stations

2) File based logged - please send this [pandorJar.log - in the dist dir] to me if you are having problems.

3) Finally got the special char file name thing fixed.

I use this Pandora app a lot at home and at work. It doesn't work for me at work because when it does the lookup to tag the mp3 is just sits there. Probably due to the firewall.

Is it possible to add an option (checkbox) in the app to enable and disable online retrieving of data? When disabled I'd like it to just tag the song with pandora's info.

Thanks,

nyb141

I def agree -- sometimes all you really want is the music - and last.fm tends to lock up every now and them - I will get it in the next release....

I should get a chance to patch it in within the next couple of days

thanks for the feedback......

Hi irieb,

You did a great job, thank you!

Is there a reason that you seem to reset or refresh the pandora player after about 20 songs? When that happens, it seems to capture the swf file instead of the first access file which is usually not numbered.

nyb141

Is it possible to add an option (checkbox) in the app to enable and disable online retrieving of data? When disabled I'd like it to just tag the song with pandora's info.

I had a little down time so I decided to go for it - I've included the feaure in a new release - now available for download.

Yes I have found myself using the feature - especialy when I have the player in the background - I guess it not fair to last.fm to be hitting their site and not using the content

http://www.tengbob.com/pandoras-jar-beta.2.zip

Also included a buffer before any execution for skipping or thumbs downing those few bad apples that come up every now and then - you'll also notice an abort button in the case you want to abort the process but still listen to the song.

Fixed a bug when pausing, then playing / changing stations

ddkk

Yea - the reload thing is a little sketchy - I was trying to get around pandoras built in logic around an inactive player - I'm not completly convinced that the hack works - I will look into it tomorrow to confirm the message does not appear without touching the pandora player - if it doesn't I will remove the logic

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

thnx for the feedback.....

irieb

With the last.fm retrieve option set to 'off' the app still sits on song info retrieval on CddbLookUp:

INFO main client.Client - initing app

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - running

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - Welcome to Pandoras Jar

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - Attempting to lauch on port 8050...

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - OK!

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - [ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - localhost connected to server.

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - handling request

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET / HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET / HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path =

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = HTML

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = HTML

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /js/pandora.js HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET /js/pandora.js HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = js/pandora.js

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = JS

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = JS

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /js/prototype-1.4.0.js HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET /js/prototype-1.4.0.js HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = js/prototype-1.4.0.js

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = JS

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = JS

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /images/warheadtwo1rk.gif HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET /images/warheadtwo1rk.gif HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = images/warheadtwo1rk.gif

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = GIF

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = GIF

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /images/tile1.jpg HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET /images/tile1.jpg HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = images/tile1.jpg

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = JPG

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = JPG

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /process?action=grab&artist=Radiohead&title=Where%20I%20End%20And%20You%20Begin&album=&genre=&comment=ripped%20by%20[PaNDoRas%20jAR]%20your%

20source%20for%20listening%20pleasure&year=&cruise=on&albumImgLocaction=&pandoraUserName=&stationId=15996768&_= HTTP/1.1

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - handling mp3 request

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - locating mp3

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - copying file[C:DOCUME~1ekeymakhLOCALS~1Tempplugtmp-1access] to temp[C:DOCUME~1ekeymakhLOCALS~1Tempplugtmp-1temp]

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - looking up ID3 tag info 4 [Radiohead|Where I End And You Begin]

INFO Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - looking up data: SongInfo{album='null', artist='Radiohead', title='Where I End And You Begin', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null'}

I can't get passed the CddbLookUp. Is it possible to have song info retrieval disabled too? Instead of looking up the ID3 tag info you can just tag it with Pandora's info. I listen to lots of trance music and most of the time ID3 lookup fails anyway because the songs are special mixes and there is no info on them.

In ProcessAction.java method ProcessAction() if CddbLookUp could be disabled by option that would be great.

Thanks.

it appears as though this creates a separate folder for each artist and then adds an image and a tagged mp3.

all I really want is the mp3.

if someone were to collect a few goodies from Pandora - what is the best way for said person to get the mp3's into itunes?

I don't suppose collecting the other stuff is an option said person can turn off?

Good morning,

I spoke to a friend of mine and he was getting around the inactive player thing by checking the plugtmp folder every 10 minutes or so to see whether any activity was taking place such as downloading. I believe he checked for activity by taking into account the number of bytes in the folder - Capture the number of bytes at minute 0, 10 minutes later, check the number of bytes at that point and see if it is the same. If it is the same, assume there is no activity, close down the process and start a new one. A problem with this logic is if a song lasts longer than 10 minutes. hth