Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

I got all the info and setting back but now I am getting

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Help!

I accidentally clicked settings when I right clicked the Pandora screen with the Pandora grabber going. I couldn't get ride of the menu screen so I closed the window and started it again. Now there is just he Pandora window nothing else on the screen.

I get 2 different things:

First off I get

Welcome to Pandora's Jar - darkone_05 edition

Attempting to lauch on port ****...OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

localhost connected to server.

Software caused connection abort: socket write error

And just the normal Pandora screen comes up. No skins or anything just the normal Pandora window so I cant save any of the songs.

Secondly:

Ill get

Null

Just like that and the same thing, just the normal Pandora screen...

How can I get the options back so I can start saving the songs again?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi I have a question about the program.

I installed the program perfectly with no problem, at least i think i did cuz i can listen to music. but I dont know if its saving the mp3 somewhere. if so where? what do i have to do to start saving dem somewhere? and what is (last.fm Settings:)? do i need that user name that its asking for?

when i click on the grab this track button it displays this under it:

unable to locate artist and song information.

To enable last.fm listened track management - Type in your last.fm user name and password. If authentication is provided the song will be added every time an MP3 is ripped. To manually manage tracks do not use the cruise control option.

Top fans fetch disabled.

can plz answer these question

• 3 weeks later...
In the pandora.jar app, I get that message: "No enum const class enums.FileType.ICO"

In the Firefox window (http://localhost/) I can't see the Pandora player loading.

Found a way to fix this, so i joined the forum just to let you know:

go to C:/Pandora/pandoraGrabber.html and open it with notepad.

now change from this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/pandora.js"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype-1.4.0.js"/>

to this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/pandora.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype-1.4.0.js"></script>

and that fixed it for me

my last fm stuff doesnt work. I get the follwoing error inside the box for the band bio:

unable to retrieve bio from last.fm: Script '/* Prototype JavaScript framework, version 1.6.0.2 * (c) 2005-2008 Sam Stephenson * * Prototype is freely distributable under the terms of an MIT-style license. * For details, see the Prototype web site: http://www.prototypejs.org/ * 
*--------------------------------------------------

<<<<Insert lots more code>>>>

Element.addMethods();' failed: java.lang.RuntimeException: After b8 Stack underflow

can anyone tell me how to fix this? i would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT:

I didnt want to double post but i was going through the source and was trying to figure out why the band info wasn't displaying for me. It just appears to be that the source on last.fm website has changed and the code inside the lastfmlookup java file is just searching for strings that are no longer in the code.

The real question i had is what exactly was displaying inside the band info box and the song stats box? i haven't started using this app until just a few days ago so i have never seen it working.

i managed to update the code so that the band info box shows the info that is inside the "Factbox" on the last.fm biography page but i wasnt sure if that was what showed in there before or not. If anyone could provide me on more specifics of what showed in those two boxes i would really appreciate it.

PS: I only get that error on the top of my post for the first song that plays...after that it doesnt show up again. any ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a new version of this hack, completely rewritten - it using a proxy that I have developed, a sure way of capturing the music file, ID3 tags included -- works great! I will post it if there is interest.

I am currently working on another hack "soundcast" - it enables you to stream music off facebook via youtube using your friends feeds.

Access the facebook app via link http://apps.facebook.com/soundcast/

sc.png

Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

I have a new version of this hack, completely rewritten - it using a proxy that I have developed, a sure way of capturing the music file, ID3 tags included -- works great! I will post it if there is interest.

I am currently working on another hack "soundcast" - it enables you to stream music off facebook via youtube using your friends feeds.

Access the facebook app via link http://apps.facebook.com/soundcast/

sc.png

Enjoy!

Their is interest :)