Wifi Pineapple Tetra Chipset SSH-Airmon-ng

WCP

root@Pineapple:~# ifconfig wlan0 down
root@Pineapple:~# ifconfig wlan1mon down
root@Pineapple:~# airmon-ng start wlan1mon
Found 1 processes that could cause trouble.
If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after
a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

1998 root      1376 S    grep wpa_action\|wpa_supplicant\|wpa_cli\|dhclient\|ifplugd\|dhcdbd\|dhcpcd\|udhcpc\|Ne

PHY    Interface    Driver        Chipset

phy0    wlan0        ath9k        Not pci, usb, or sdio
phy1    wlan1mon    ath9k        Not pci, usb, or sdio
        (mac80211 monitor mode already enabled for [phy1]wlan1mon on [phy1]wlan1mon)
root@Pineapple:~# 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2071 root      1376 S    grep wpa_action\|wpa_supplicant\|wpa_cli\|dhclient\|ifplugd\|dhcdbd\|dhcpcd\|udhcpc\|Ne

(mac80211 monitor mode vif enabled for [phy0]wlan0 on [phy0]wlan0mon)
        (mac80211 station mode vif disabled for [phy0]wlan0)

phy1    wlan1mon    ath9k        Not pci, usb, or sdio

root@Pineapple:~# 
Any idea?..

Thanks,

WCP

3 hours ago, WCP said:

root@Pineapple:~# airmon-ng start wlan1mon

you dont need to use this command as wlan1 is already in monitor mode 

Thanks 4 your pronto response, you are absolutely right!.. and I can even scan but only 2.4 GHz band using the direct SSH to my divice. My concern here is the chipset information is not available and I don't know if that is normal, because when i the see Hak5 videos on YouTube seem to me that the drivers and the chipset info is there!.

Thanks,

WCP

Also my Tetra works great on my kali linux browser in my Windows 10 and Ubuntu box, on my windows I do the sharing as shown on the university video for the Pineapple nano, for my Ubuntu I use the WP6.sh file for sharing. On any of these instances I haven't been able to make my Pineapple talk with my Kali Linux without using the compat-wireless-2010-06-26-p# method but as we know this is just a genetic temporary fix with limited capabilities.

I would like to know if anybody can appoint me to the right direction as far as getting my Tetra wifi card recognizing Kali environment, were I can have access to other tools like Airmon-ng, Aircrack-ng and any of the Kali Repository Tools. 

Any help would be appreciated,

WCP 

13 hours ago, WCP said:

Also my Tetra works great on my kali linux browser in my Windows 10 and Ubuntu box, on my windows I do the sharing as shown on the university video for the Pineapple nano, for my Ubuntu I use the WP6.sh file for sharing. On any of these instances I haven't been able to make my Pineapple talk with my Kali Linux without using the compat-wireless-2010-06-26-p# method but as we know this is just a genetic temporary fix with limited capabilities.

I would like to know if anybody can appoint me to the right direction as far as getting my Tetra wifi card recognizing Kali environment, were I can have access to other tools like Airmon-ng, Aircrack-ng and any of the Kali Repository Tools. 

Any help would be appreciated,

WCP 

Just so I understand what you're trying to do..

You're trying to use the pineapple's wifi cards in Kali on your laptop?

I also did a basic injection test but failed too, the Q is still the same if the chipset of the Tetra are comparable and can do injections within kali linux!.. I did try the GUI interface of the tetra once or twice but with no positive results, so I thought maybe if I ssh the device just to see what is under the hood.  I get the same results on my Ubuntu, Windows 10 and Mac OS. I'm a greener with the tetra but not on the technology which opens my next question, If I connected to the 172.x.x.x network all the traffic pass thru that server right?.. so how I can setup the device to just operate as any common route or wifi adapter, plus still be available using the GUI interface tools and just tap on the 172.x.x.x network only for updates!.. I will feel more in control of my traffic.

Thanks,

WCP

38 minutes ago, WCP said:

I also did a basic injection test but failed too, the Q is still the same if the chipset of the Tetra are comparable and can do injections within kali linux!.. I did try the GUI interface of the tetra once or twice but with no positive results, so I thought maybe if I ssh the device just to see what is under the hood.  I get the same results on my Ubuntu, Windows 10 and Mac OS. I'm a greener with the tetra but not on the technology which opens my next question, If I connected to the 172.x.x.x network all the traffic pass thru that server right?.. so how I can setup the device to just operate as any common route or wifi adapter, plus still be available using the GUI interface tools and just tap on the 172.x.x.x network only for updates!.. I will feel more in control of my traffic.

Thanks,

WCP

NO!  You can't directly connect any computer to the on board wifi of the pineapple.  It's a router, not a wireless adaptor.

www.wifipineapple.com has all the info you need to figure out the chipset and then google what you need to know for the chipset.  The 5ghz setting for airodump is a simple command you have to add to your command to have it scan both.

if you want to connect to the tetra as a wifi router then you have to plug it into a modem with internet access.  The device itself cannot be used as a wifi adapter or dongle for you pc.  The pc is for accessing the GUI and granting access to share the PCs internet with pineapple so that the pineapple has a connection to the internet

Here is the information about the chipset from https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/tetra were is it says Wireless: Atheros AR9344 + Atheros AR9580, both IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n with quad integrated skybridge amplifiers and included 5 dBi antenna for a high 29 dBm gain EIRP, with that being said!... this is what I see when I airmon-ng start wlan1mon, different drivers no chipset information and I already spend over 336 hours of searching on the Pineapple website, on this forum, the airmon-ng.org and kali linux new release website. But nobody seems to be clear about this particular device!. this was my last attempt to make since of this  before I move on.

3 hours ago, barry99705 said:

NO!  You can't directly connect any computer to the on board wifi of the pineapple.  It's a router, not a wireless adaptor.

I don't what to be disrespectful or sound like a smart ass, but isn't that what the routers are suppose to do "routing" because if you go from an example windows environment to a virtual box machine you need to bridged adapter in order to get internet connection for the OS to talk with the device regardless if it's on router mode or bridged mode. The point here is that the device has got to have the right drivers and the compatibility of the chipset. but I do appreciate your input and effort to try to help me out. I will continue to do a little bit more research and if I come across a solution to this issue I will share with you guys!!..

16 hours ago, WCP said:

I don't what to be disrespectful or sound like a smart ass, but isn't that what the routers are suppose to do "routing" because if you go from an example windows environment to a virtual box machine you need to bridged adapter in order to get internet connection for the OS to talk with the device regardless if it's on router mode or bridged mode. The point here is that the device has got to have the right drivers and the compatibility of the chipset. but I do appreciate your input and effort to try to help me out. I will continue to do a little bit more research and if I come across a solution to this issue I will share with you guys!!..

Yes, this is what routers do. They route network packets between network interfaces.  What they don't do is become local network adaptors for your desktop/laptop.  The pineapple has the right drivers already installed for everything it needs.  You don't need to install any drivers on your machine to make it work, just like every other router in the world.

16 hours ago, WCP said:

Here is the information about the chipset from https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/tetra were is it says Wireless: Atheros AR9344 + Atheros AR9580, both IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n with quad integrated skybridge amplifiers and included 5 dBi antenna for a high 29 dBm gain EIRP, with that being said!... this is what I see when I airmon-ng start wlan1mon, different drivers no chipset information and I already spend over 336 hours of searching on the Pineapple website, on this forum, the airmon-ng.org and kali linux new release website. But nobody seems to be clear about this particular device!. this was my last attempt to make since of this  before I move on.

We are all very clear on this device. You are not being very clear on what you really want to do with it.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:07 AM, WCP said:

Simple using the long range wifi adapter radio with kali tools!.. But my concern here is the chipset information is not available.

You can't use the pineapple's radios with kali's tools, unless the tool is installed on the pineapple either natively or as a module.  The chipset info has always been available on the site.

To use the wireless tools in Kali, you need to use your device's internal, or usb wireless adaptor.  You can't use a wireless adapter for this.  If you're using a Kali virtual machine, it has to be a usb wireless adaptor, the host machine's wireless adaptor will look like a wired adapter due to the virtual machine conversion.  I don't think I can make this any clearer.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2017 at 10:51 AM, barry99705 said:

Yes, this is what routers do. They route network packets between network interfaces.  What they don't do is become local network adaptors for your desktop/laptop.  The pineapple has the right drivers already installed for everything it needs.  You don't need to install any drivers on your machine to make it work, just like every other router in the world.

We are all very clear on this device. You are not being very clear on what you really want to do with it.

You can't use the pineapple's radios with kali's tools, unless the tool is installed on the pineapple either natively or as a module.  The chipset info has always been available on the site.

To use the wireless tools in Kali, you need to use your device's internal, or usb wireless adaptor.  You can't use a wireless adapter for this.  If you're using a Kali virtual machine, it has to be a usb wireless adaptor, the host machine's wireless adaptor will look like a wired adapter due to the virtual machine conversion.  I don't think I can make this any clearer.

What??..

particle_AKG_0.gif