Autossh troubles :-(

Magneto417x

I have been trying to my turtle to connect to my VPS and I just can't get it to work. I go though the entire set-up and when I get on my VPS server and attempt to connect to port 2222 or port 2200 it says connection refused. Please help

port 2222

remote port 2200

local port 22

I do still have one issue. If I plug in turtle and try to connect it won't work. If I login local on turtle and stop autossh and then unplug it and plug it back it I can connect fine but when I unplug and plug it back it fails to allow connections. It seems if autoshh isn't stop first before unplugging turtle then next time it's plug in it won't work. Thoughts?

• 10 months later...

I have a very similar issue, everything updated and running the latest (as of today).  Every time I reboot the turtle, graciously or otherwise, I cannot connect to the ssh session (ssh root@localhost -p 2222) on my remote server.  If I ssh into the turtle directly, I can see the autossh service is running and if I stop and restart, I can then connect successfully from remote.  Obviously this makes the turtle pretty useless as a remote access device.

Also, I note that if I change the config of autossh in the turtle and restart the service, that sometimes (not always), some crud gets added to /etc/config/autossh namely after the last config line, usually something like: ...turtle@remote -p 22'\''' with the \''' being the crud in question.  Any ideas? Or is this know bug?

On 6/7/2018 at 9:45 AM, spadefist said:

I have a very similar issue, everything updated and running the latest (as of today).  Every time I reboot the turtle, graciously or otherwise, I cannot connect to the ssh session (ssh root@localhost -p 2222) on my remote server.  If I ssh into the turtle directly, I can see the autossh service is running and if I stop and restart, I can then connect successfully from remote.  Obviously this makes the turtle pretty useless as a remote access device.

Also, I note that if I change the config of autossh in the turtle and restart the service, that sometimes (not always), some crud gets added to /etc/config/autossh namely after the last config line, usually something like: ...turtle@remote -p 22'\''' with the \''' being the crud in question.  Any ideas? Or is this know bug?

I've seen this too, and I'm not sure what to make of it, aside from a bug in the current release.  I'm thinking of building my own so I can fix it instead of waiting for a fix to be released.  

In /etc/turtle/modules/autossh line 67 just add a space between the final quotes:

uci set autossh.@autossh[0].ssh="-i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -N -T -R "$autossh_remoteport":localhost:"$autossh_localport" "$autossh_host" -p "$autossh_port" "

This might be a dirty fix but it works for me

• 7 months later...
On 7/9/2017 at 9:27 AM, Magneto417x said:

Figured out the issue I had to set port to 22 🙂

so I have 

port 22

remote port 2222

local port 22

And it's not working have I got something wrong here? just receiving connection refused

Archived