Antenna upgrade

Onus

I don't see any documentation on the db of the antennas that ship with the Tetra.  I am guessing they are around 5 db?   Wondering if people have upgraded the antennas on the Tetra and if so what antennas are you using.   I have two 7db antenna lying around that i bought for my nano, but not 4, so if i were to try to boost my signal, i wouldn't know which of the 4 antennas to replace, since i only have 2 9bd antennas. 

I ssh-ed into the pineapple and noticed that only three wireless adapters are actually up:

root@Pineapple:~# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

wlan0-1   IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Master  Tx-Power=30 dBm   
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Master  Tx-Power=30 dBm   

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan1mon  IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Monitor  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Tx-Power=30 dBm   

br-lan    no wireless extensions.

Its great to see they are already at 30dBm but that was confusing to me since there are 4 antennas, and how do i know which antennas on the physical device are  which..

Edited by Onus

the antenna for the nano will not work on the tetra without sma to rp-sma adapters.  No body really has upgraded that has been on here because the antennas provided are freaking awesome.  So if you wanted to upgrade you would have to upgrade both antennas on one side or both sides.  I dont know which side is wlan1 or wlan0 but both antenna on a side need changed to upgrade because they are mimo 2:2 antenna

On 7/6/2017 at 7:10 AM, Onus said:

I don't see any documentation on the db of the antennas that ship with the Tetra.  I am guessing they are around 5 db?   Wondering if people have upgraded the antennas on the Tetra and if so what antennas are you using.   I have two 7db antenna lying around that i bought for my nano, but not 4, so if i were to try to boost my signal, i wouldn't know which of the 4 antennas to replace, since i only have 2 9bd antennas. 

I ssh-ed into the pineapple and noticed that only three wireless adapters are actually up:

root@Pineapple:~# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

wlan0-1   IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Master  Tx-Power=30 dBm   

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Master  Tx-Power=30 dBm   

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan1mon  IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Monitor  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Tx-Power=30 dBm   

br-lan    no wireless extensions.

Its great to see they are already at 30dBm but that was confusing to me since there are 4 antennas, and how do i know which antennas on the physical device are  which..

There are two physical radios.  wlan0 and wlan1.  What you're seeing is wlan0, wlan0-1(virtual ap), and wlan1 in monitor mode.