This is a small and maybe sill question

sawks

Hi all,

I got a nano elite today and its working great.
2 silly questions.

Are the new antennas usually loose (dont stand up on own) 
I have screwed them all the way,

The second odd question is...
With the anker powercore slim 5000, is there anyway of turning it off or do i have to remove the battery connector?

Thanks all

I can tell you that my antennas do not move if I screw them in sufficiently.  Might need to contact support if yours are flopping around.  In terms of the Powercore, I don't see a way to turn it off.  I saw a video by Darren and he showed how he unplugs the battery from the Nano and puts the connectors side-by-side, but not plugged in.  This seems to fit well in the small carrying case.

hamstah

yes they will be loose.  some people have taken the case apart by removing the sdcard and taking a butter knife to lightly pry the case open and then drill out the holes to make for a better connection on the upgraded antenna.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:23 PM, sawks said:

Hi all,

2 silly questions.

With the anker powercore slim 5000, is there anyway of turning it off or do i have to remove the battery connector?

Thanks all

If you're using the tactical elite, it comes with two new antennas that are a little flimsy; however the intention is to allow them to slide into the carrying case for easy concealment. The original antennas stand just fine and aren't loose at all. At this point... I've got way too many antennas...

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 3:23 PM, sawks said:

Hi all,

2 silly questions.

Thanks all

I order this to try it out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Cable-Male-to-Female-with-Switch-ON-OFF-Cable-Extension-Cable-Line-NEW-BG/122614774497?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

13 hours ago, #!pntstr said:

I had one like that (not exact one) for my RPi and it must have had thin cable or bad solder joints at the switch or something as my Pi was always complaining about power when using that lead. I got rid of it in the end, switch was handy tho.

Archived