Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4

Bin4ry

as far as i saw (but have not looked reall yet) i did not see any GMaps integration. I said before: I think if DJI removed GMaps they had a reason for it most likely it is more expensive than here maps. To use Google Maps inside an 3rd party application (like DJI Go) you need to have an API key, google will bill you for requests then, so IF i add the whole google maps stuff from an older version to this version i would force DJI to pay for the increasing Google Maps use. I don't think this is ok, so i will not add google maps back. 

For login, go a few pages back, create a patchfile yourself from the posted code and test it ;) I hope @artu-ole will find time to finish his patch an push it to the git. Same goes for @shax i hope you found the values to make the textbox editable and push your patch soon :) 

Best Regards

5 minutes ago, Bin4ry said:

as far as i saw (but have not looked reall yet) i did not see any GMaps integration. I said before: I think if DJI removed GMaps they had a reason for it most likely it is more expensive than here maps. To use Google Maps inside an 3rd party application (like DJI Go) you need to have an API key, google will bill you for requests then, so IF i add the whole google maps stuff from an older version to this version i would force DJI to pay for the increasing Google Maps use. I don't think this is ok, so i will not add google maps back. 

For login, go a few pages back, create a patchfile yourself from the posted code and test it ;) I hope @artu-ole will find time to finish his patch an push it to the git. Same goes for @shax i hope you found the values to make the textbox editable and push your patch soon :) 

Best Regards

There is a patch file in another thread here that if, placed in one of the go4 folders, it enforces FCC mode as well.

You have an idea what the difference is between this and what you've done?

Im pretty much a digilitterate, just trying to find a good solution for us "common" crowd having range issues.

Thanks.

what you mean is the DJI.configs file, yes it should work, also on iOS. Difference is that this can only do a limited range of parameters, but if you only want fcc without the rest this should work for you, if you want the full package aka no fw upgrade check etc, then you need the mod. 

21 minutes ago, Bin4ry said:

what you mean is the DJI.configs file, yes it should work, also on iOS. Difference is that this can only do a limited range of parameters, but if you only want fcc without the rest this should work for you, if you want the full package aka no fw upgrade check etc, then you need the mod. 

Thanks.

Problem is that the 4.1.3v5 (or any of the previous versions)do not increase the bird's power, just the remote! 

Was also wondering if the configs file can be inserted in the v5 version without further impact.

Can you tell me where to put those config files? I unzipped them and they are 71bytes long files with different names like ".DJI.configs_force_fcc" but if I open them with text editor they are empty. Is it normal? Where to put them? Simply to the DJI Go App main folder? There are no similir files there. Do I have to rename it?

the configs file will do exactly the same as my mod, just a different way to activate the feature. This is not the thread to discuss the config files, please move to the correct thread then, such files are around for a long time (32ch mod etc.). 

IF it does not increase the power of your aircraft but only of your remote it is designed this way by DJI and you cannot change it with the config file either. 

Best Regards

3 minutes ago, Bin4ry said:

the configs file will do exactly the same as my mod, just a different way to activate the feature. This is not the thread to discuss the config files, please move to the correct thread then, such files are around for a long time (32ch mod etc.). 

IF it does not increase the power of your aircraft but only of your remote it is designed this way by DJI and you cannot change it with the config file either. 

Best Regards

Crystal clear, thank you!

OK I'm probably a little behind the curve here, I've been at FW version 400 on my Mavic since I first got it a few months back, now I see all the debug mode stuff has been discovered so I decided to catch up on what's been occuring lately and discovered the FCC mode patch for the app.

It seems these patches in the Bin4ry repo are only for version 4.1.3 of the DJI GO 4 app. I was previously on 4.0.6

So I have some questions:

1. Is there a "time-bomb" in 4.0.6 which cannot be disabled without patching the app, ie. can I just stay indefinitely on 4.0.6

2. If (1) is correct and I can stay at 4.0.6, any chance of getting patches pushed to perma-enable FCC mode in 4.0.6

I've always used Android but it seems to be crap with DJI and work has offered to buy me a iPhone 7.. how likely are we to see these mods available for iOS? I'd hate to jump ship on Android at just the wrong time but the "DJI recommended" Android list is painfully small.

I've always used Android but it seems to be crap with DJI and work has offered to buy me a iPhone 7.. how likely are we to see these mods available for iOS? I'd hate to jump ship on Android at just the wrong time but the "DJI recommended" Android list is painfully small.

Edit: also what is the suggested firmware to have on the bird? I've been (perhaps foolishly) installing all updates..

for iOS it will not work like this. i would not leave the android train. if i am right the android app might get alot better once we remove all the background activity from the app. so if i were you i would wait another month and monitor the progress before i decide ;)

25 minutes ago, Bin4ry said:

for iOS it will not work like this. i would not leave the android train. if i am right the android app might get alot better once we remove all the background activity from the app. so if i were you i would wait another month and monitor the progress before i decide ;)

Thanks will do, I just can't find any consensus on a good reliable Android phone to use, I don't really want to carry around a dedicated tablet since half the reason I bought this thing was portability, my Nexus 5x works well except sometimes just won't connect for more than a few seconds/at all.

Anyway that's all off topic, we appreciate the good work! Is the consensus that .400 firmware is the best to use? Hope I haven't shot myself in the foot by letting my mavic upgrade itself lately, I didn't think they'd be modded so soon.

You say don't ask for links, is that because we're meant to be compiling ourselves? Just another new thing to learn I guess, will have to dig up my old Kali boot drives..

I'm interested to try out range tests since I went 4km with CE power/stock. Would love to one day get a higher bitrate too!

5 hours ago, Bin4ry said:

Just fyi, i pushed some interesting updates to github. Removed all the online communications and some more. 

Check it out on github :-)

nice :-) 

one thing i realized is not possible to play flight log on Dji go app anymore.. is there a chance to have it back?

about the updates on github i'll have a look now ! There has been a wild pushing of V 6 7 8 .. got confused :-P so far the best was the V5 you released!

8 hours ago, Bin4ry said:

Just fyi, i pushed some interesting updates to github. Removed all the online communications and some more. 

is there a way to INCREASE vertical speed in RTH mode? cause today i went far and rth kicked in but vertical speed was so so low that it took forever to come back ! would be great if there is a parameter to increase it while it goes in rth

13 hours ago, Bin4ry said:

Neat stuff!

Sorry ahead of time if this is the wrong place for the following?

I had a few issues:

1) 4 or so of the patch files weren't CR/LF fixed for patch.exe and thusly failed until I used my uber leet skills to fix them

2) removeSocial fails, malformed patch facebook/d.smali

3) Smaling smali_classes5 reports Unknown file type ignoring DJIGlobalService.smali.orig

Hey does this make me a contributor now? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Slippy said:

1) 4 or so of the patch files weren't CR/LF fixed for patch.exe and thusly failed until I used my uber leet skills to fix them

2) removeSocial fails, malformed patch facebook/d.smali

3) Smaling smali_classes5 reports Unknown file type ignoring DJIGlobalService.smali.orig

W32 (v9)

1) someone added advanced lines of mega code to fix this issue

2) 'error' persists

3) 'error' persists

A new 'error' occurs

4) at 'removing nfz...', attempt to delete reports could not find decompile_out\lib\libSDKRelativeJNI.so