Pocket portable

Kronos20

Is it possible to actually fit the nano in your pocket in the case with the battery? I've never seen someone actually do that with the whole tactical case and battery.  If not, are there antennas that can be purchased to not make the unit as a whole as wide? Thanks in advance 

it wont fit in your front pocket of your jeans . with battery and 180 usb adapter it will fit in your back pocket but dont sit on it.  ive always found a coat pocket to be best.  if i use a pocket, i dont worry about the case.

19 hours ago, Kronos20 said:

Didnt think about that.. 

Yea and its not meant as a joke. The battery pack will warm up and so will the nano. In a closed environment , the heat can't disperse as efficiently and could cause issues with power (battery) or the nano.

19 minutes ago, elkentaro said:

Yea and its not meant as a joke. The battery pack will warm up and so will the nano. In a closed environment , the heat can't disperse as efficiently and could cause issues with power (battery) or the nano.

I had a hot day and the nano and battery were in a case similar to the tactical edition and it ran for about 4hrs and when I was done, I couldnt even pick up the battery it was so hot.  Probably not a good thing to do all the time as I fear more for the battery than the nano.  Wouldnt want a battery to get to hot and blow its lid.   I have cut out the top vents to make them more open and this weekend im going to pull the case apart and drill holes over the chips I put heatsinks on. 

10 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I had a hot day and the nano and battery were in a case similar to the tactical edition and it ran for about 4hrs and when I was done, I couldnt even pick up the battery it was so hot.  Probably not a good thing to do all the time as I fear more for the battery than the nano.  Wouldnt want a battery to get to hot and blow its lid.   I have cut out the top vents to make them more open and this weekend im going to pull the case apart and drill holes over the chips I put heatsinks on. 

This is why people made the 3D printer :)

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2017 at 4:08 PM, b0N3z said:

Left my nano with two in my bag for 6 hours while it was soaking up probes and I opened it up to two melted dongles and a warped USB hub. The nanon itself is a champ.

Edited by Spoonish
Apparently [code] does stuff after enabling xml in the browser..but will it collapse the images?

• 2 weeks later...

I typically don't run it for more than an hour and a half to two hours at a time, but I can fit this in my pocket without issue and I've done it on multiple occasions. The case itself that comes with the tactical can add unnecessary bulk; however it keeps it all together if you go the backpack route.

download_20170713_234906.jpg