Custom firmware compile guide?

HeepH

Hello,

I'm trying to compile custom firmware for a rubberducky, because I want to change the ducky's serialnumber. I've found the setting I want to change:

\USB-Rubber-Ducky-master\Firmware\Source\Mass_Storage\USB\src\config\conf_usb.h > define  USB_DEVICE_SERIAL_NAME           "..."    // Disk SN for MSC

So now I just need to compile this into new working firmware. But I can't find a guide on doing this anywhere, and I haven't done much compiling/coding, so I don't have the experience to do it on my own. I've downloaded "Atmel Studio 7.0" since I read somewhere that that is what's needed, but after a lot of clicking arround and opening files and pressing buttons, I can't seem to get it to compile anything..

Can anyone help me with this? FYI: I've done my fair share of coding for arduino's/pi's and hardware hacking so I'm not a complete noob, but this has left me flustered a bit...

4 hours ago, kdodge said:

if it's not compiling easy, then it might have been created with a different version of Atmel Studio. I would suggest downloading several versions and plug'n'chug the different versions. I think version 5 worked for me on one iirc, It's easier then trying to modify the code to work with version 7

Right, okay, didn't know there was a big version compatibility thing.. Gonna try version 5.