updating bash bunny firmware question

kerravon

sorry if this has been answerd elswhere I couldnt find it.

Updating the FW, do I set the bunny to arm mode, go in through serial and cd / and copy fw update there

or

Do I set sw1 to RNDIS_ETHERNET and ssh <ip address> cd / and copy firmware update there.
I want to get this right as I dont want to brick it and its only just arrived.
cheers for any help.

kerravon

3 minutes ago, kerravon said:

Updating the FW, do I set the bunny to arm mode, go in through serial and cd / and copy fw update there

Yes arming mode, except no need to use serial as in arming mode you also have USB storage. You can just copy the update file to the root of the storage safely eject and replug.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:20 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Yeah, when they say copy to root folder they actually mean just copy it to USB storage in the very first directory (root directory of USB storage). Bit confusing :P

It should say "copy to the root of the mass storage partition" everywhere. If this is not the case, let me know and I'll get it fixed. 

1 hour ago, |o| said:

I'm a noob so could you do a quick video of how you update the bunny( the whole process including copying the files to the root)? If not step by step with pictures would be ok.

Thanks

Go here, download the latest version (1.3), plug your Bash Bunny into your PC in arming mode (switch closest to USB end) and when the USB storage comes up, drag the downloaded version file onto the USB like you would any other USB, then unmount the USB (safely eject the Bash Bunny), unplug it and replug it back in again and wait for the fuzz to stop lightin' em up.

Ta-dah! :D You now have version 1.3 firmware on your Bunny!

Complete instructions can be found on the same page as the downloads (scroll down a littlez).

Edited by Dave-ee Jones