Could anyone help me out?

Lee Tsui

Hi there, so sorry for interrupting. I would like to look for some help. I am planning to take the 2-year InfoSec program at a local college in order to have a chance to get in the door after courses hopefully. Now I have a big problem, 3 questions on the Program Investigation Report require to be answered with the help from professional in these industries. Since I don’t have any family and friends working in this area, it becomes an issue.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you so much for your kindness and time. Questions are listed below. Please contact me via either replying directly or E-mail. My E-mail : leetsuimail@gmail.com

Please provide the contact information for each person you spoke with concerning your potential career. Include name, phone number, e-mail address, title, duties, and company/organization.

Describe one employment opportunities related to the Information Systems and Security program.

Describe a workday.

How does the future look for this career, and how stable is employment in the occupation?

I'm new around here and may be speaking out of turn, but "infosec" people aren't going to give all of their personal information. Your instructor should know better than to make that a requirement.

It screams of a  phishing expedition.

JMO of course.

10 hours ago, Lee Tsui said:

Please provide the contact information for each person you spoke with concerning your potential career. Include name, phone number, e-mail address, title, duties, and company/organization.

While it's great that you want to learn, and want to go into a career, no. 

On a forum, random people asking for ALL that sort of information is a no. You aren't going to get it.

Now instead though, perhaps look around your city, perhaps it has a hackerspace? Go there and get to know people. You may find it easier that way then when it comes to certain things.

But randomly asking on a forum, is not going to get you anywhere.

Only thing he doesn't have is the last 4 of someones SS#. This is damn near all you'd need for identity theft. I've never heard of a school who asks those questions to someone, who hasn't even enrolled yet for that matter. Even job references at most need a name and phone number, and there, you get that from people you know and whom trust you with their info, not strangers on the internet.

Edited by digip