Shipping Restrictions

c0mrade

Hello everyone, I am a little bit new to the WiFi Pineapple Tetra device and specially to the Hak5 Community :D but I am pretty interested in it and I want to get one.

However I have some problems. First of all I live in Lebanon hakshop doesn't ship this to my country, second of all hakshop only supports PayPal which also isn't supported in Lebanon. So in this case I started thinking of borderlinx (www.borderlinx.com) and this company provides the user a US address that I can ship the products to and later on ship to Lebanon and they also have a concierge service that can buy the product using PayPal.

This sounds like good and bad because well first of all this would definitely increase the overall price that I am going to pay, first to pay the shipment price for borderlinx to US address then the shipment price to Lebanon along with the custom fees and taxes and also pay the concierge fee (5% of the product price), well I don't care I'll pay whatever amount but I also checked on the hakshop website on the terms/policies page that they prohibit freight forwarding services? Does that mean that I can't user borderlinx? And in that case how in the world would I get my hands on this amazing product?

On the other hand, I wanna ask about the compatible and supported mobile hotspots. My Telco provider has the "Huawei 4G E5786Bs" Mobile Hotspot, but does it support USB Tethering? Is it compatible with Pineapple Tetra which essentially is based on OpenWRT which is Linux? Also I really didn't find much documentation and videos online.

Any help would be much appreciated.

When you say I can not, does that mean that they will check the address that I am shipping to and if it says something like "borderlinx" in it, they will simply ignore my order? And in that case how would I ever get my hands of hak5 products? I mean turkey is near Lebanon, also I've got a friend in sweden, I can let him buy it and then ship it to me. But that would raise the cost from 200$ to maybe 400$ doubling it, I mean I can't find any other solution.

15 minutes ago, c0mrade said:

When you say I can not, does that mean that they will check the address that I am shipping to and if it says something like "borderlinx" in it, they will simply ignore my order? And in that case how would I ever get my hands of hak5 products? I mean turkey is near Lebanon, also I've got a friend in sweden, I can let him buy it and then ship it to me. But that would raise the cost from 200$ to maybe 400$ doubling it, I mean I can't find any other solution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WiFI-PINEAPPLE-TETRA-HAK5-/182578911537?hash=item2a828d1931:g:gWEAAOSwn-tZHBac

there are always different ways to get things done. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that link! That's pretty useful, it's from eBay and it's shipped worldwide, however, you see it's not from the official seller i.e. hak5, so basically I should trust that guy and be sure that the Tetra he's offering is in fact fully operational and in great condition, also what if I want to get the Tactical edition with all its accessories. Also the link you provided is good but that's the last tetra the seller has got :S and I am planning to buy one of these by the end of this month. My current plan is basically let my friend in Sweden buy it and ship it to me but that would double the cost, also I don't know if he received the Tetra if he would be able to ship it to Lebanon or they will prohibit him from doing so for some legal reason...

Check the seller's rating and reviews from his previous sales. Make a judgement call. 

How would shipping from Sweden cost double? Basically it is just adding an additional shipping charge from Sweden to Lebanon.

On shipping restriction, it is usually enforced by the destination country. ie your country. 

http://www.dhl.com.lb/en/country_profile/import_guidelines_express.html

Commodities where you should contact your local Customer Service advisor to clarify shipping requirements

Communications equipment
Phones/modems
Telecommunications equipment

Tip: call your local DHL representative and ask on the restriction. For simplicity tetra can be considered a wifi router.

• Like 1

You buy from someone who isn't either Hak5 or myself, you run the risk of it being dodgy. You also then run into the possibility if it breaks, it wont be replaced.

Also it's very VERY easy to check if somewhere is a reshipper address. Takes but a moment.

Now your friend in Sweden, sure he could buy it and have it shipped to him. And then, as a friend, he could ship it to you. But, if something goes wrong, and say you then contact the hakshop, you get no support. Read the policies, they exist for a reason. There are reasons that I (because I run the European store) do not ship outside of Europe. There are reasons why the Hakshop in the US does not ship to certain countries. Those laws, regardless if you agree with them or not, are there for a reason, and violating them can get you into quite a lot of trouble.

At the end of the day, your choice. Just be aware, you may not get the item. You may get a dud item, or you may get into trouble with your local laws.

• Like 1

@Rkiver , thanks for the time to reply, actually I've found quite an amazing website which is www.parcl.com basically it's just a community of people around the world including of course the United States, basically these are ordinary people and they just simply act as forwarders, I pay with PayPal and they simply buy the item and ship it to my country. 

I've found one person for example who can ship it by FedEx to my door and all in all it will cost me 294$ which is great. Regarding laws I am not sure what's the big deal with it.

I mean I can do everything the WiFi Pineapple does with enough experience and skills on a Kali box with a dual band wifi access point, but obviously what the Pineapple offers is usability, portability, a nice web GUI user interface, stealthiness etc. I mean essentially it's like a semi-kali box running on a router, if that's illegal then running Kali is illegal as well.

You can check parcl.com and this website will simply just solve my problem regarding the shipping restrictions. And again getting in trouble with the local laws is not something that going to happen since Lebanon is a developing third world country and computer crime laws and regulations still don't exist or are pretty outdated, there's no FCC like in the US for example. I am not saying that I am willing to violate the law, no, I will be running a lab with an isolated environment and performing penetration tests as well as introducing this cool device to other security people in conferences and demoing it since it's not available here and they will be exited about it.

6 hours ago, c0mrade said:

Regarding laws I am not sure what's the big deal with it.

I think you might want to familiarise yourself with the laws. Certain items cannot be sold or shipped to certain countries. Usually due to trade embargoes on certain items, laws within the countries in question and so on. Legally shipping items around the world, well that's trade law, and it can be somewhat monolithic to wade through. You want to break the law, that's your choice. But Hak5 will not support you doing so, and here on this forum we wont either.

The policies of both the US Hakshop and the European one make it pretty clear regarding reshipping companies. They are not supported. If you go down that path, you are on your own, especially if something happens to the item, damaged, lost, whatever.

As for the location of the European Hakshop. Check out my signature. I am it's owner. I wont ship to a reshipper either. I already said that when I responded to you earlier.

Edited by Rkiver

If you ship any product to one of those forwarding services, Hak5 takes no responsibility if it actually gets to you. A lot of those forward shipment places have to follow the same type of regulations and may hold your shipment so use them at your own risk. Again, Hak5 will not be held responsible if you use a service like that.

via https://hakshop.com/pages/policy#shipping

• If shipping to a international shipping consolidation company, The HakShop is only responsible for the package to reach the given shipping address not the purchaser in their respected country.
  • Ordering from a country other than one serviced to a shipping consolidation company will result in a cancelled order.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...