zero Clients are displayed

clients only show up if they are connected to wlan0.  any clients connected to wlan0-1 (management AP) they will not show up.

I am having the same problem not being able to have any client connected.  

Here are the procedures that I followed and no result for getting any Clients connected:

First of all I am using a Laptop with Windows-10 Enterprise version installed on my laptop that I am performing these tasks. I also have Ubuntu on Virutal Box which also gave me the same result.

1. Reset the Tetra Wifi Pineapple to factor default
2. Connected the power AC to The unit
3. Connected the Micro-USB cable to ETH1 of the box and the other two USB to the laptop.
4.  Under network and sharing made sure the "Realtek USB FE Family Controller #2" is showing there. 
5. Assigned the IP Address of 172.16.42.42 with Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 and DNS Server of 8.8.8.8 only.
6. Made sure also in my WIFI setting under Sharing I have added the new Wifi-Pineapple is set there.

At this time, I was able to log into 172.16.42.1:1471 URL and see the main menu of Wifi Pineapple. Then I followed the manual as well as checking the Video that Darren had regarding setup and getting a new client shows up on the system which was:

1. At first made sure that the version is updated to version 1.1.2 as the Firmware and there was no more upgrade available there. ( I had done this section before at the beginning when I got the unit and had the network RJ45 cable connected to the unit, but right now that cable is not connected. Only USB attachment is connected)

2. Under Networking for Wifi Client Mode I ran the Scan and got the unit connected to one of my WIFI Access Point which was 2.4GHZ speed. I was able to connect it one of my 5GHZ as well as 2.4GHZ two diffent time without any problem. It got connected and had an IP Address of 192.168.1.44 from my DHCP pool of IP Addresses. (By the way I am also usin "wlan0" that shows under MAC Address on the Networking page too.

3. Under Access point also made sure the Access Point Channel is set at 11, with SSID and Hide Open AP was also checked. No more changes there.

4. Now I went into PineAP and made sure that PineAP Daemon is enabled and all the boxes on the left are checked and then Save PineAP Settings.

5. After that, I went into Recon and selected 2.4GHZ mark and ran a SCAN. It completed 100% and showed me the list of all the SSIDs bt only the main SSID name and their MAC Address and no other PC or Laptops even though I had one Laptop that was connected to one of my 2.4GHZ network same as the one I chose up under Network. I then selected 5GHZ radion button and ran SCAN and same thing. Just the main SSID but no PC or even my IPHONE which was on 5GHZ speed as well as other PC which did not show anything.

6. I went into Client Filtering and manually added the Mac Address of one Laptop on 2.4GHZ and one PC on 5GHZ as well as made sure the SSID Filtering shows those SSID from my WIFI unit and both section has "ALlow Mode" on.

Now when I go into Dashboard, all I see only 2-SSID pool. One is my 5GHZ and one is 2.4GHZ and that is it. No Client is connected at all. I even turned off the Wifi on my phone and the laptop and turned them back on to see if they can get connected to this unit but nothing happed.

ace1dragon, from my understanding. Once you select a specific SSID, The pineapple with clone the WiFi connection but without a password. The expectation is that the user will connect to your WiFi connection without a password as regards to theirs. 

The more I think of it, the last firmware update was on 2016-08-23. Most of the video tutorials are from over a year ago. They are selling a product that is not being kept up to date, slightly disappointing. 

Edited by Strigoi

Seb has covered why that is, he's working on the Bash Bunny at the moment, but has said in other topics if you read around that there is new firmware in the works. He's one person.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ace1dragon said:

2. Under Networking for Wifi Client Mode I ran the Scan and got the unit connected to one of my WIFI Access Point which was 2.4GHZ speed. I was able to connect it one of my 5GHZ as well as 2.4GHZ two diffent time without any problem. It got connected and had an IP Address of 192.168.1.44 from my DHCP pool of IP Addresses. (By the way I am also usin "wlan0" that shows under MAC Address on the Networking page too.

By using the Tetras wlan0 in client mode your limiting some of the operation of the tetra. Try to use a 3rd radio plugged into the tetras usb port or share the eth usb connection using the wp6.sh ICS script through your laptop or plug in an ethernet connection from the tetra to a router.

Also, your main targets are clients that have previously associated with an open wifi connection that are not in range of trusted networks it knows. To test this you can "forget" your known networks on your phone/laptop and make sure they have an open network known in the network settings.

Make sure you set up filters correctly to avoid pulling in clients you don’t own or have permission to test.