Bricked after Firmware Upgrade 1.3

azzarin

Ok so i wanted to upgrade to firmware 1.3. That didnt work well. The bunny starts to flash the LED red->blue. as intended. Then the LED shuts off. No LED. I tried to boot it 3 times to trigger recovery. It then starts the flash red -> blue. After some time it comes a green LED and then it starts the red -> blue blinking again. After that a green LED and then it goes dark again.

If i unplug it and plugs it back in, the green LED is solid for a sec and then ...wait for it...... DARK again. What a fun bunny, i might carry it out in the woods and leave it there :..(

It also gets burning hot.

I cannot accsess the files either. Maybe there is a way i dont know about?

Its this BB dead now? 100 dollars out the window i guess

Edited by azzarin

If your Bunny really is bricked talk to Hak5 support and they will replace it for you. However, you should talk to one of them about seeing if you can get your current Bunny working again.

Wait for it to cool down completely and then try starting it up in Arming mode. See what happens. If it does work-ish, try serialing into it (even if the LED is off) using PuTTy (you will need to find the COM# using the details here, the rest of the details is also there). Once you've serialed in, log in using the default login and try using commands like:

udisk reformat
reformat_udisk

More commands like that can probably be found on the wiki (same link as above). This will reset you to firmware 1.0 if it works.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

10 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

If your Bunny really is bricked talk to Hak5 support and they will replace it for you. However, you should talk to one of them about seeing if you can get your current Bunny working again.

Wait for it to cool down completely and then try starting it up in Arming mode. See what happens. If it does work-ish, try serialing into it (even if the LED is off) using PuTTy (you will need to find the COM# using the details here, the rest of the details is also there). Once you've serialed in, log in using the default login and try using commands like:

udisk reformat
reformat_udisk

More commands like that can probably be found on the wiki (same link as above). This will reset you to firmware 1.0 if it works.

Thank you for the reply. I did try to connect via serial, with no luck. I ll test again today, im sure its not as hot now. If no lucky luck i will contant hak5 support.