Installing OS in bash bunny

Abhi09

Hello there,

Today I got my bash bunny shipped to my place. I have a doubt regarding installing os like BLACK ARCH or TAIL . Is it possible to install it and how?Also it showing 1.9gb space on it but i have read  previous post on this forum regarding its specs. So is it there any way to increase the user space.

Thanks

With Regards

Abhi

Installing another OS would involve editing partitions that make the bunny so easy to use.  Also it would definitly void the warranty as the recover partition would be lost most likely.  the OS on the bunny is a debian distro that logins in as root on boot.  it is an 8gb device but its partitioned off for the OS, Recovery and other things leaving around 2gb for user which is more than enough.

Another question I have is why?  Not trying to stop you but yeah, it is the Bash Bunny designed for specific attacks.  There are way better devices to do what you are trying to do like a Raspberry PI Zero if you prefer USB or the other Pis for network.  The Bash Bunny comes prepped and designed for specific forms of attacks.

You can redo it all you want just keep in mind Hak5 will not warrant it.  I suggest going with a different device if you want to use other OSes.  I use a Raspberry Pi 2 with ParrotOS as a remote RAT if I want to use something like that and I seen posts of people using the Zero hooked in through USB probably using it the way you are thinking of using the Bunny.  The Bunny is capable of a lot of things but redoing the OS is not a supported function and unless you really know what you are doing, like when Darren mentioned a hint about hooking up some pins for serial, you are looking at bricking your bunny.  I suspect Darren gave out that info letting everyone know that if you destroy the recovery, connecting to the pads for serial communication may be your only hope to put any OS back on the thing.  If you are comfortable at that then I suggest backing the thing up completely before trying to redo it with your own OS.  Just keep in mind if you brick it, you may be on your own getting it back to operating condition.

I use a Pi Zero and Pi Zero W for a lot of things like that. In Fact i've been using the Zero W to help me figure out some PineCore stuff that I want to test before i do it on the bunny itself.  

1 minute ago, Abhi09 said:

Thanks guys for all the info . I will try os on other device:wink:.Thanks again.