General TETRA Discussion

Whistle Master

2 hours ago, sud0nick said:

Connect the Pineapple to the AP, connect your laptop to the Pineapple, open a browser, click and get interwebz.

I want to control the pineapple by wifi either than tether from my laptop. Only way I've found so far That works is to use macchanger to clone the mac of my wireless wlan2 with my kali box and then Disconnect / connect  the pineapple 

19 minutes ago, jermzz said:

I want to control the pineapple by wifi either than tether from my laptop. Only way I've found so far That works is to use macchanger to clone the mac of my wireless wlan2 with my kali box and then Disconnect / connect  the pineapple 

You definitely didn't even try what I said...

2 hours ago, jermzz said:

You're right. I misunderstood. I thought you were telling me to tether to my laptop. That should work, didn't even clue into that. Thanks :)

Fun fact, I thought the exact same way a couple years ago and built PortalAuth to automatically authenticate the Pineapple with captive portals (hence the name).  newbi3 pretty much told me the same thing I told you and over time the module evolved into a cloner more than something that just bypasses captive portals.

3 hours ago, sud0nick said:

Fun fact, I thought the exact same way a couple years ago and built PortalAuth to automatically authenticate the Pineapple with captive portals (hence the name).  newbi3 pretty much told me the same thing I told you and over time the module evolved into a cloner more than something that just bypasses captive portals.

Makes perfect sense. It's funny I was going through loops to do something so easy has I just thought about it logically. Guess I don't think out of the box well ? Thanks again nick. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gang!

I'm going to be using the Tetra from my vehicle on the go, and I'm looking to use the following Inverter to be able to power the Pineapple: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFERZKO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AWZ3LXPHZK09

I'm going to use the power adapter that came with the Tetra to connect to this Inverter, and I'm just curious if anyone has used an Inverter with a Pineapple before. If so, are there any "gotchas" I need to worry about?

From the specifications of this Inverter, it takes the DC 12V car cigarette lighter, and outputs AC 110V; and has a capacity of up to 400W (which is plenty, as I'll only be using it with the Tetra, and a small netboot that draws ~ 30W at peak).

I'm curious, so let me know what you guys think!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 7:30 AM, JCAG said:

Hey Gang!

I'm going to be using the Tetra from my vehicle on the go, and I'm looking to use the following Inverter to be able to power the Pineapple: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFERZKO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AWZ3LXPHZK09

I'm going to use the power adapter that came with the Tetra to connect to this Inverter, and I'm just curious if anyone has used an Inverter with a Pineapple before. If so, are there any "gotchas" I need to worry about?

From the specifications of this Inverter, it takes the DC 12V car cigarette lighter, and outputs AC 110V; and has a capacity of up to 400W (which is plenty, as I'll only be using it with the Tetra, and a small netboot that draws ~ 30W at peak).

I'm curious, so let me know what you guys think!

Hey JCAG

I wouldnt use an inverter myself, the pineapple runs off of 12v and thats what your car battery supplies, id be more inclined to use something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavolta®-Charger-Connector-Synthesizer-DVD-Player/dp/B00TRKAYJQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1484003765&sr=8-13&keywords=12v+2a+car+charger. Most netbooks have cigarette lighter port chargers aswell. An inverter would be harder on your car battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the only way to connect Pineapple over wifi with an adapter plugged into the Pineapple? I ask because I have my laptop configured to use wifi, when I ran the wh6 I expected the Pineapple to share the wifi with the laptop but that's not the case, only way I've gotten it to work is to use a wifi adapter and set the Pineapple to access the external adapter. 

If I enable the USB Ethernet my wifi for the laptop doesn't function and cannot access the bulletin.  Is this intentional by design?

20 hours ago, PorkNBeans said:

Is the only way to connect Pineapple over wifi with an adapter plugged into the Pineapple? I ask because I have my laptop configured to use wifi, when I ran the wh6 I expected the Pineapple to share the wifi with the laptop but that's not the case, only way I've gotten it to work is to use a wifi adapter and set the Pineapple to access the external adapter. 

If I enable the USB Ethernet my wifi for the laptop doesn't function and cannot access the bulletin.  Is this intentional by design?

You can connect the Pineapple to the internet through your computer's WiFi connection. The wp6 script should work. Are you running it on your Pineapple or on your Laptop?

Try running this script instead anyway

#!/bin/bash

#Run about 10 seconds after the Pineapple has been plugged in.
#Use like "sudo ./script.sh <pineapple_interface> <computer_wifi_interface> <wifi_router_address>" 
#Example: sudo ./script.sh eth1 wlan0 192.168.1.254

IFACE_IN=$1
IFACE_EX=$2
GW=$3

ifconfig $IFACE_IN up
ifconfig $IFACE_IN 172.16.42.42 netmask 255.255.255.0

route del default gw Pineapple.lan
route add default gw $GW netmask 0.0.0.0

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE_EX -j MASQUERADE
iptables -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_EX -o $IFACE_IN -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_IN -o $IFACE_EX -j ACCEPT

On 1/22/2017 at 3:51 PM, Teabot 5000 said:

You can connect the Pineapple to the internet through your computer's WiFi connection. The wp6 script should work. Are you running it on your Pineapple or on your Laptop?

Try running this script instead anyway

#!/bin/bash

#Run about 10 seconds after the Pineapple has been plugged in.
#Use like "sudo ./script.sh <pineapple_interface> <computer_wifi_interface> <wifi_router_address>" 
#Example: sudo ./script.sh eth1 wlan0 192.168.1.254

IFACE_IN=$1
IFACE_EX=$2
GW=$3

ifconfig $IFACE_IN up
ifconfig $IFACE_IN 172.16.42.42 netmask 255.255.255.0

route del default gw Pineapple.lan
route add default gw $GW netmask 0.0.0.0

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE_EX -j MASQUERADE
iptables -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_EX -o $IFACE_IN -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_IN -o $IFACE_EX -j ACCEPT

Yeah on my laptop, I didn't however set it to use the Tetra pineapple as it would interfere with the AP suite so the script may have worked had I done that, not sure as not using all the antennas is not an option I'm willing to sacrifice. I didn't try your approach, I do appreciate the effort you put forth into your reply, I do think I'm just going to stick with using an external adapter solely for the Tetra. It seems to work out nice that way.

• 3 weeks later...

hello boys. just a few questions:

1- If I want to use the Deauth module alongside captive portal and pine AP what would be the best setup?

For evil portal to work , you need to give internet hence wlan2 is used. if you deauth with wlan1mon your management AP is gone and you can't access the interface anymore unless you connect it to your laptop (not the setup I am looking for). so what is the best setup?

2- is there a way to shift around the role of the interfaces? like assign wlan0 to provide internet and wlan2 and wlan1 to use pine ap? 

3- I recently bought 9dbi Atheros antennas and installed them on the tetra. the quality was 10 times worse than the originals same for the nano. Any idea on how to maximize the gain (what is the max we can reach)

4- I have the wifi power booster from the hak shop but limited by the 20tx power on kali 2.0 as well as the pineapple. any way around that?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, DeputyDog said:

How do you save a config on the Tetra after you make an Eth2 ip change?

I made the ip change to get my Hot spot to work, but on reboot the change goes away, is there a way to save the change to the boot up config?

:w and :wq! don't work on the Tetra

maybe try editing /etc/config/network

• 3 weeks later...

I know whenever I order it takes exactly a week from order.  Living in the UK might be longer unless you ordered from the EU site.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

I know whenever I order it takes exactly a week from order.  Living in the UK might be longer unless you ordered from the EU site.  

As I mentioned on the shops blog, and facebook page, and general topic, orders from the EU store start shipping March 6th.

From then it's about 1-2 days to the UK, if that even.

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2017 at 8:05 PM, Rkiver said:

As I mentioned on the shops blog, and facebook page, and general topic, orders from the EU store start shipping March 6th.

From then it's about 1-2 days to the UK, if that even.

To be completely honest I didn't realize there was a EU store so ordered it through the main site's store, delivery seems to be going pretty fast although I have had to pay an extra £20 to the courier for import tax lol.

Edited by Clean
Spelling Mistake

• 1 month later...

My Pineapple Terta was given to me as a gift about 5 months ago. I'm not super techie but was able to follow Darrens Youtube video "Tether Without the fees"  for the setup. I only use my Tetra for one simple task home internet. I have it tethered to a Galaxy S4. My home area only offers DSL at 1-3 MB and being 2017 and paying $65 a month for it was garbage. I can tether and get 20-80 Mbs D/l.  

In the beginning I was having an issue every other day or so of the Connection between the phone and the Pineapple needing to be unplugged and replugged then the RSA key pressed again. No matter how many times I checked the box to remember the connection it still makes me press it every time. The pineapple would always be broadcasting but there would be no internet. I could deal with this occasional reset for the cost effectiveness. For the last week this issue has gotten progressively worse. Now it happens every 5 minutes sometimes I can go an hour without resetting the connection( Unplugging and replugging)

Do many others use a pineapple for internet? I'm not Savy on the search terms but looked at every post of the first 4 pages in the Terta section of the forum. So I did attempt to search.

I also have a LG G2 that I can use to tether as well the results are the same. The connection is off an on and it's getting frustrating! I've threatened trade it in and crawl back to Verizon DSL. I really don't want to! I really like to tell people in my area about my Wifi Pineapple it always gets a chuckle.

Anything ring a bell to anybody? Is it possible to add a few lines of code somewhere that does the reset process automatically and internally presses the RSA key acknowledgement button? 

I was just wondering the benefits of purchasing a tetra over a mark v. Im guessing updated hardware and updated gui but other than that can you do any different attacks with new radios or other hardware? Also what are the main differences and advantages of having a tetra over a nano? 

Thanks

The nano is an upgraded markV with smaller foot print and upgraded gui. The tetra is a more powerful version with the upgraded GUI and has not only 2.4ghz but also 5ghz compatibility.  The attacks are roughly the same with more improvements over what the markV had.

I just factory reset the pineapple, Installed the files from Easy-Tether . I also factory reset the Galaxy S4 and started over from scratch on that. I however have the same issue. 

The RSA key number is the same every time. How or where can I manually add it to the pineapple or the Device i'm not sure where it is supposed to go.

Something causes my device to randomly disconnect and reconnect. Every time this happens the " Allow usb debugging"  prompt shows up again. I can also force this behavior by plugging and unplugging the phone from the pineapple. The pinepple will have an "uptime" of many days. So the pineapples not restarting. 

My devices (laptops, wifi phones,smart tv's stay connected to the Pineapple however there is no internet connection until I click the "Allow usb debugging" button again.

I can very much recommend the Tetra, it's still going to be viable a few more years.

Good CPU. Enough RAM, and plenty of flash storage. :)

i guess the next gen. is going to get an upgrade on the cpu, ram and the wifi chips.

I'd be interested to see the performance comparison when having lots of clients, while intercepting/manipulating SSL-traffic if they tested a quad-core ARM CPU with at least 1GB RAM. :)

Edited by Zylla