pv with raspberry pi 3 how to guide???

odeon

Hi all

just digging out my pV again and want to hook it up to my Pi3 running raspbian.  I also want to use my old awus036nha as well.  To avoid asking all the usual questions is there a youtube video or how to guide lying around anywhere that can jump start me? I looked but couldn't really find anything. ANY help would be awesome

thanks

3 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Hi Odeon,

The WiFi Pineapple software cannot be run on a RaspberryPi.

Hey Sebkinne

MY fault poorly worded question. I MEANT a cliff notes guide to using a Raspberry pi to work WITH a pineapple V.  Sorry my bad I know that the pV s/w can't run on a pi.

2 minutes ago, odeon said:

Hey Sebkinne

MY fault poorly worded question. I MEANT a cliff notes guide to using a Raspberry pi to work WITH a pineapple V.  Sorry my bad I know that the pV s/w can't run on a pi.

Ah, in that case you could connect them up via the ethernet cable and run the wp5.sh script on the Pi. The rest is up to you :)

2 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

Ah, in that case you could connect them up via the ethernet cable and run the wp5.sh script on the Pi. The rest is up to you :)

ok thanks Sebkinne just thought I'd check if there was any other hints or tips. thanks for the reply and the guidance.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. From Paris, France | I'm a rookie.
I just got out the Mark V yesterday, and have been able to ( spent the day on that ) to manually upgrade the firmware from an iMac ( 2.2 > 2.4 )
Just because I have a raspberry Pi 3 laying around, I connected  successfully through the web browser to the Pineapple's wifi.

So i'm wondering what it means / where could I find it / What would it'd do ?
to "run the wp5.sh script on the Pi" ?

Thanks for any help.

13 hours ago, BetterBurnOut said:

Ok | Forget the tap on the shoulder I was giving myself |
Now the Pineapple Mark V's blue LED flashes and the red one doesn't light up anymore |
Can't access the device anymore |

my suggestion go back to first principals. Solid Blue light means the unit is ready, it flashes for Wlan0 when traffic goes through it,

green light is just to show power and the Red light is for Wlan1 Red - WLAN1 (RTL8187) (Antenna by dip switches)

so check dip switches

9 hours ago, odeon said:

my suggestion go back to first principals. Solid Blue light means the unit is ready, it flashes for Wlan0 when traffic goes through it,

green light is just to show power and the Red light is for Wlan1 Red - WLAN1 (RTL8187) (Antenna by dip switches)

so check dip switches

Thanks Odeon for the answer.
The only step forward I could make is to be able to apply succesfully the  the special factory image.
But now all I get ( I've waited so long to see if something different happened ) is the same LED pattern when I had the problem.
GREEN on / BLUE flashing / Nothing else.

I'll try to post in a proper post this issue.
Thanks for the fish.